Page 1 of 4
The Technical Death Metal Thread, previously known as "The most Technical Death Metal Band"

Decided to change it a bit due to the Discussions and such, and Decided to broaden the Horizon on it a bit.

Discuss any Technical Death Metal, Favorites, most technical, and wherever Behold... The Arctopus falls.

\/Original Post and Question.

I realized that I don't listen to too much Technical death metal outside of Death, Necrophagist, CC, Obscura, and Martyr.

So I was wondering, What band would you call the most Technical with all their song writing? I know Necrophagist is up near the top. (If not the Top...)

But does anyone beat them in Technicality?

TechEdit: Im honestly able to add Portal and Origin to my Favorite list, thank you for your contributions people.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Nov 23, 2009,
Necrophagist songs are pretty simple composition wise.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Origin have some pretty nuts stuff, and Cynic seemed to get labeled technical death nowadays
ohai little sig.
Morbid Angel, I dare someone to even try an emulate an Azagthoth solo. Even if you do, you'll never ooze such pure death metal emotion from a guitar like he does.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by eazy-c
Necrophagist songs are pretty simple composition wise.

Yes, Although the lack of repeated riffs and the shear amount of things you must remember to play one, Try Advanced Corpse tumor, then you'll know what I mean.

Origin was a band I need to check out. Give me song or two to look at.
Quote by Life Is Brutal

Yes, Although the lack of repeated riffs and the shear amount of things you must remember to play one, Try Advanced Corpse tumor, then you'll know what I mean.

Origin was a band I need to check out. Give me song or two to look at.

The Aftermath and Finite are both good songs by them, pretty much anything from the album Antithesis really.
Even if they're not THE most technical in terms of guitar, I think Muhummed should get extra points for doing vocals over ridiculously technical riffs.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Like someone said, Behold... The Arctopus. Some of the most technical stuff Ive heard. Although its pretty terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq89wxYlKtM

Decide for yourself.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Quote by TheBabySnatcher
Brain Drill lolz.

QFT. Its kind of annoying how techncial they are. It gives me headaches.
xThrashxAttackx
There's brain drill but they are bearable in comparison to Viraemia...
I am me. Live with it.
i dno prolly log or sumfin, teyre prety tech
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
i dno prolly log or sumfin, teyre prety tech

Trollz?
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by NeonTerror
QFT. Its kind of annoying how techncial they are. It gives me headaches.

Lol...

Brain Drill, Origin, Spawn of Possesion, Arctopus... Kay, thanx guys.

TechEdit: Viraemia...?

Like someone said, Behold... The Arctopus. Some of the most technical stuff Ive heard. Although its pretty terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq89wxYlKtM

Decide for yourself.

12 String Bass? God... Thats either sad, awesome, or brutal... I can't make up my mind...

It wasn't truly bad, It was Technical but there was no melody. I like The genre when Its planned out, more than just technical wankery you decided to call a song.

Think Ill lay off Arctopus for a while...
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Nov 19, 2009,
+1 to Pavor and they're actually good. Their vocals are some of the best death growls I've ever heard and they're 100% pure without even reverb.

Behold is nowhere near Death metal so I don't see why they were brought up besides to show how fucking terrible they sound

(IMO since everyone is so touchy around here about people expressing opinions...)
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Nov 19, 2009,
Viraemia. It's so unbearable to listen to. But then again... they are sort of a scene band.
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
I think Viraemia actually comes up with tons of memorable, entertaining metal. And how they are "sort of a scene band"? :/

Anyways,

Spawn of Possession
Demilich
Brain Drill
Beneath the Massacre
Quote by Life Is Brutal
12 String Bass? God... Thats either sad, awesome, or brutal... I can't make up my mind...

It wasn't truly bad, It was Technical but there was no melody. I like The genre when Its planned out, more than just technical wankery you decided to call a song.

Think Ill lay off Arctopus for a while...

It's a Warr guitar actually. He's playing bass and harmonizing with the guitar at the same time. You'd be surprised at how much better that song sounds with drums.

If you want some tech-y melody, Colin's in another band called Dysrhythmia, and they are mindblowingly badass. When I saw them I could only stare slack-jawed in awe at the musicianship on the stage.
Quote by Bearcat_89
It's a Warr guitar actually. He's playing bass and harmonizing with the guitar at the same time. You'd be surprised at how much better that song sounds with drums.

If you want some tech-y melody, Colin's in another band called Dysrhythmia, and they are mindblowingly badass. When I saw them I could only stare slack-jawed in awe at the musicianship on the stage.

Behold... the Arctopus definitely is much better with drums haha. One of the coolest bands to see live TBO.
Beneath The Massacre, the are so br00tal lolololol
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Gorguts are pretty technical in a song writing way
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
woah, I forgot about em, and surprised they haven't been mentioned yet.

Gorguts take the cake, hands down, no arguments here.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Whoever hates on Behold... The Arctopus is completely missing the point.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Whoever hates on Behold... The Arctopus is completely missing the point.

That's funny. I thought the "point" of music is to be even remotely enjoyable to listen to.

I just youtubed that song and it sucks just as badly with drums as it did without.
Sh Ron.
Don't be picking fights.

I'm gonna go with Portal. Because no one will ever play a guitar that badly in the world, and still create a permanent atmosphere of oozing chaos.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
That's funny. I thought the "point" of music is to be even remotely enjoyable to listen to.

*whoosh*

Anyway, BTA is not DM. Therefore Gorguts.
Last edited by raincoffin at Nov 20, 2009,
Page 1 of 4