Well first, this keyboard is screwed up. The "F" barely works and have slam ingers into the board to make letters come out.

Well, I can't stop using my irst guitar so, I' modding it. It' s the Stagg. I'm putting all of these in. I thought it over and Feel ree too make suggestions. Heres the things i'm planing on putting it.

MAIN THINGS FIRST
-Graphite nut
-Tone pros bridge TP6
-pup swap (need choices because im clueless)
-Straplocks
-Is a new stopbar nessesary?

Secondary (bigger things)
-refretting with stainless steel
-Sand o and paint over again (too many scratches)
-Maybe a trem bar(stetsbar or bigsby)
- Drilling hole or slide to go in when needed
-Hole on the top right corner or the pick carrier (in case I drop a pick)

So I have plans or this one. Can anybody give me a rough price check on the main things?

I'll discuss as the thread goes on....
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Last edited by vinnie-watt5 at Nov 20, 2009,
Stetsbar will run you £160 - 220 new depending on colour iirc.
if you get a stetsbar you needn't worry about a new bridge / stoppiece
a refret is probably about £100 or more (iirc)
dont know what having someone do a refinish for you would cost but for about £20 (probably less) you can get the materials to do it yourself.
I'd recommend leaving the neck natural as opposed to repainting it, not only will it feel horrible if you dont get it perfect, but i hate the feel of a painted neck with sweaty hands under the lights on stage.
a pickup swap will run you £50+ for something useable, due to it being a stagg I'd guess the wood won't be high quality and help the tone much. I don't know personally but a lot of people say actives take less tone from the wood so they might be an idea.
Graphite nuts cost aboiut £5 off the internet, again depends if you do it yourself, my local guitar shop will restring and fit a new nut for £15 (including strings)

p.s. just realised you're in canada, iirc to get the prices (roughly) into USD multiply by 1.5, not sure what it is in canadian dollars
Pick-up Recommenations? I play just play shred, blues, metal, and a lil bit o rock and trying or some jazz.

I want something that can handle cleans but need some harsh distortion. The only bands songs I learn is Lamb o God. I don't really learn songs though.

Edit:
The wood is mahogany, Doesn't that have good tone?

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Pick-up Recommenations? I play just play shred, blues, metal, and a lil bit o rock and trying or some jazz.

I want something that can handle cleans but need some harsh distortion. The only bands songs I learn is Lamb o God. I don't really learn songs though.

Edit:
The wood is mahogany, Doesn't that have good tone?

depends what you consider to be good. there's a tonewoods thread somewhere

Here in the UK a company called IronGear make fairly cheap, but still in their own right Great pickups. They have one called a 'Hot Slag' which has nice cleans and is around 13k impedance so will go to a harsh distortion (depending on your amp / effects etc)

Other than that I don't know as it's the only pickup I've bought seperately
I;ve watched a video on youtube and it sounded great. Some guy was playing blues through it.

Can it handle Harsh metal tones?

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Don't drill holes! Try out the pickholders from GC (guitar center) that have the adhesive pad on the back. But if you are going to drill holes, try not to dork it up because then you'll have a hole to cover. And a new stopbar won't be necessary, unless there is a problem you have with it now. The cost of all this will probably cost you at an estimate of $50 - 150. Do you mean pickups from the word pups? If you are thinking about getting new pickups i would recommend getting EMGs or DiMarzio humbuckers. That will be the real deal. But will make the biggest dent in your wallet. Around $100-$200 alone for the pickups. But i tell you it's worth it. I spent my money on a prewired KH-20 EMG pickup/pickguard set that costs $253 and the sounds were dominating compared to my factory, stock Squire piece of crap pickups. It jumped to horrible to AWESOME! So, if your budget is tight right now, save up. It is worth the wait!