Hey, i have had trouble, with an engl screamer. Now the company have said they would replace it with a thunder. What is the differences between the amps, with the thunder been cheaper? They said that its identical with different reverb. any help on this would be great. iv gone through hell with this amp : (

Cheers

Josh
The Thunder is the same as the screamer but with 3 channels instead of 4 - I think it lacks the heavy lead mode of the screamer, not 100% sure though.

It seems really odd that they would only offer you a lesser amp, what problems were you having with the screamer?
Quote by mynamewontfit
The Thunder is the same as the screamer but with 3 channels instead of 4 - I think it lacks the heavy lead mode of the screamer, not 100% sure though.

It seems really odd that they would only offer you a lesser amp, what problems were you having with the screamer?

Hey, well they said it was working, but i got it and no output. Im certain it was somthing to do with inside the input socket, as i tryed 7 different cables. ok well im toying with getting it because its either that, or a full refund and go elsewhere.
tell them to **** right off, the screamer is worth more. they're trying to gip you.

I haven't tried the thunder, but it looks to me like they're trying to get you to accept a lesser model.

And they're not the same, the screamer has an extra channel.

EDIT: if you've had that much hassle, just get a refund.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by strings21
Hey, well they said it was working, but i got it and no output. Im certain it was somthing to do with inside the input socket, as i tryed 7 different cables. ok well im toying with getting it because its either that, or a full refund and go elsewhere.

That sucks, I'd just get a refund tbh. Unless they will give you the cost difference and you don't feel you'd need the extra channel.
Quote by mynamewontfit
Unless they will give you the cost difference and you don't feel you'd need the extra channel.

oh yeah, of course. i was just assuming they weren't offering a cost difference as it wasn't mentioned, but if they are, then that'd be fair enough (as long as it's the correct difference and not something nominal like a fiver), and a judgement call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They would fund the difference but, i dont really see how i could trust them with another amp, so i am refunding it. So still the search goes on for an amp : ( the worst thing about all this is, i sold my old amp the day i got the Engl a week and half ago. thanks for your help everyone, if you could suggest me a similar amp it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Josh
yeah, get a refund then, i'm never that keen to stick with a shop or manufacturer which has sold me shoddy stuff either.

what country are you in, and what's the rough budget?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?