That's a ridiculously compressed snare. Sounds a bit like the DFH add-on for EZ Drummer.

I understand why you've tried effects for the vocal, your screaming is less than convincing, but I think you've chosen the wrong path. Whether the sense of space is from a poor recording environment or an added effect it only serves to disjoint the vocal from the rest of the track making it sound amateurish. And that's a shame because the rest isn't bad. It's well-played and although I don't like the snare the mix is OK (I'd drop the volume on the cymbals a bit though and program the drums a little better).
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
That's a ridiculously compressed snare. Sounds a bit like the DFH add-on for EZ Drummer.

I understand why you've tried effects for the vocal, your screaming is less than convincing, but I think you've chosen the wrong path. Whether the sense of space is from a poor recording environment or an added effect it only serves to disjoint the vocal from the rest of the track making it sound amateurish. And that's a shame because the rest isn't bad. It's well-played and although I don't like the snare the mix is OK (I'd drop the volume on the cymbals a bit though and program the drums a little better).

Well I take this as a good comment
Most people take the shit out of my stuff, this song was the first one where I spent a bit of time trying to mix it better.
How did you record the vocals, there sounds like theres a boxy natural reverb on there, like a square room or something. Sounds nasty.

Not digging the guitar tone - sounds mono.

Kit is standard dkfh fare, I tend to sample replace that snare, or indeed most of the kit, its a horrible thing, look up aptrigga.

Do more than one take for the vocal, do it in sections even and choose the best bits, be your own worst critic.
I didn't do the vocals for this song, JoeyXGorecore from here did them. So I didn't get to mix the vocals like I would have liked them. The drums are DFH, and I agree about that snare sound, I don't know where to find some good sounding drum samples.

I used Dirthead for the guitar sound, it was quad-tracked as well.
Whats the panning?

Plenty of nice drum samples floating around the new forum, you just have to look hard enough, fyi I'm not encouraging you to post there again, you got savaged enough last time.