http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

Yeah so.. I just watched this video, and shat brix.

theres also another video on youtube of him admitting that it was a "hoax".

Do you guys have an opinion on this?

Personally I think its legit, and that the government prob tried to cover it up or something...
I always start feeling really unsafe when I think about aliens. I'm always unsure but I find it interesting.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Interesting to listen to but not exactly a reliable account of area 51 tbh.

they are probably making laser rifles if anything
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by Magicant
care to elaborate on why it is fake?

Anyone could call him and act like they work at Area 51. Care to elaborate on how its REAL? I'm not saying its fake or real, but there is no way to tell.
Quote by Magicant
care to elaborate on why it is fake?

I'm quite sure all of this area 51 and alien sh*t is utter BS and was only written once to scare people, something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY

That was actually aired as an news report so I'd be even scarier.

...And made more people believe it..

EDIT: I remembered wrong, it wasn't that movie. but they did it with some alien movie in the 50's at least
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
He might have been brainwashed.

brix shat. But really, I doubt they'd ever let anyone leave Area 51 if they possibly knew that kind of information.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
brix shat. But really, I doubt they'd ever let anyone leave Area 51 if they possibly knew that kind of information.

There was a group of scientists who tried to sue "Area 51" because they were working with nuclear materials. I don't know the exact details of what happened, but they all got sick and tried to sue. The government said there's no such thing as "Area 51," and the case was dismissed even though the courtroom was within driving distance of the base.
Quote by xHellbound
There was a group of scientists who tried to sue "Area 51" because they were working with nuclear materials. I don't know the exact details of what happened, but they all got sick and tried to sue. The government said there's no such thing as "Area 51," and the case was dismissed even though the courtroom was within driving distance of the base.

Wow, what the hell. I wonder if those people will turn into zombies...... Hmm time to buy some juggernog methinks.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
He might have been brainwashed.

or maybe it was a hoax and he said it was a hoax because then everyone would think he was brainwashed and make us further believe that the government is covering something up.
Monkeeeeyyysss With Plexiglass Skullllsss At Wrightpatt Afb!!!!!!!!!
It is all true.

In fact, in 1998 all the major population centres WERE wiped out. It is only recently that things have started to get back to normal.

Look at NYC today. A shadow of its glory back in the 80s when there were Twin Towers on every corner.
Quote by Wesseem
this is so fake i could puke.

you would not sob on the phone like that.
if aliens were real, the odds that the aliens are capable of technology further than ours is 1 in a (insert gigantic-ass number). now if they did beat the odds and they were this intelligent life then the odds they find us are another 1 in (insert huge number). now if they beat the odds again and found us then are you telling me the government could contain beings that are capable of traveling through space at what would have to be light speed. this is retarded.

What? How can you POSSIBLY be trying to calculate the odds here?

While I agree that the alleged call is laughable, your odds calculation is equally laughable.
I was waiting for either the caller or the host to start cracking up. That was the most ridiculously staged thing I've ever heard. The user on here pretending to be Will Smith was more believable.
Quote by Wesseem
well since any signals from earth don't go very far. and with trillions of planets and stars. the odds of intelligent life being able to pick out earth is at least 1/trillion and let's say that earth contains all the species in the universe (not likely) then the odds of intelligent life in a population of different species is 1/billion (it will probably be smaller since there is likely much more life out there in the universe, but just to make it simple let's say there isn't). so with only these 2 single odds available, if you take 1/trillion x 1/billion = 0.000000000000000000001. yea...
so just for intelligent life to exist is not likely. care to explain how they can travel at lightspeed?

Not true at all. Radio waves will travel onwards through space easily. Just like how we see distant stars, that is light travelling from an event to us. Sure it takes time, but it gets here.

And the odds of their being life on a distant star is completely unrelated to the number of stars. By saying that there is a 1 in 1 trillion chance of there being intelligent life because there are 1 trillion stars, you are saying that there can only be one other form of intelligent life, yet we have no reason to assume this at all.

In fact, a quick reality check (the religious readers should close their eyes at this point) shows that the universe has been around for 14 billions years or so. The Earth has been around for perhaps 4 billions years. Civilization? Lets say 8,000 years. Or we can look at Modern Man (homo sapiens) and say 200,000 years or so.

So = the universe = 14 billion years.
The Earth = 4 billions years.
Civilization on Earth = 8,000 years.

Humanity as we know it is so ridiculously insignificant in universal terms, it is laughable. How insignificant? 8,000 / 14,000,000,000 = 0.00005%. That is how much of the universe we have been around to see, from a timing perspective.

From a universal density perspective, let us pretend that there are a trillion stars. We have a pretty good understand of 1 of them. 1/1,000,000,000,000. So we are somewhat aware of perhaps 1 trillionth of the universe, (0.0000000001%). But quite frankly there is no reason to suspect that there are only 1 trillion stars. The ESA suggests perhaps 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 or so stars. So the ESA laughs in the face of only a trillion stars.

So given how much we DONT know about the universe, and how much we have not seen, it is absolutely absurd to suggest that we can possibly calculate the odds of their being intelligent life out there.

Or we can talk about our understanding of physics and how it relates to the origins of the universe, but perhaps that is better left for another post.

Never mind God, creationsim and a 6,000 year old earth. There is a joke if EVER there was one.

As for the comment that alien life is required to pick up our signal, we know that the concerns about radio waves not travelling far are not valid, but even if they were, whether intelligent life is out there and aware of us does not alter the existence of intelligent life.

What was the tallest mountain on the planet before Everest was discovered? It was still Everest. Whether intelligent life is aware of us or not (and vice versa) does not change the realities of the existence of alien life.

Finally, faster than light travel may not be needed. The laws about faster than light limitations are largely based on Einsteins theories and we know that some of these have issues. Wormholes may have a possible solution to this. Regardless there are technologies today that were thought to be impossible only 100 years ago. FTL travel may appear to be impossible today in a traditional sense, but I would not assume that this will always be the case.
Last edited by Howard2k at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by linus.d
EDIT: I remembered wrong, it wasn't that movie. but they did it with some alien movie in the 50's at least

You're thinking of Orson Welles' radio broadcast during the (late?) 30s. It was just a retelling of HG Wells' War of the Worlds, and even included messages saying so, but the broadcast was designed as an actual news report, so people started panicking.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
I'd like to think that the call is real, but then you have to imagine: If the call were legitimate, and the government did knock out the radio station to keep the caller from revealing more information about Area 51, then why would the youtube clip still be available for everyone in the world to listen to?

Logic is my best friend. Also, to the guy who said signal don't travel very far from Earth:

Radio signals travel farther than any other waves that we have. They can cut through relatively anything, and will keep going, and going, and going...
Fake. Plus even if the caller genuinely believes what he's saying, that still doesn't make it true. This was on the newest CD by The Faceless, BTW. VERY good album.
We're only strays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuiuxty1qyU&NR=1

Guys... look at the month and day he called the first time

Edit: BTW, that's the confession. Is it weird I take the first call as truth but doubt that it was a hoax?

More Edit: Holy shit. My uncle told me about this radio station like a couple months ago
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 19, 2009,

I haven't listened to Coast to Coast AM in such a long time.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Area 51 is simply a US experimental weapons development/testing field, nothing more.