So guys,this is my first thread in here(maybe first in the whole UG community,I don't remember right now)and I'd really like some help.
I've been playing for a good amount of time now,and I want to finally get some pedals to get some different sounds from my guitar and amp.
I've started to play in a band recently,and we've not been playing that much,but we finally found a cheap studio so that we can practice every weekend and I think it's time I get a really good sound that I like if I want to take this band seriously.
We've been playing Cream,Pink Floyd and Beatles songs,and are probably going to play a lot more(we made a system so that each member of the band choses one song and then after everyone has chosen their song we start again,so it's fair to everyone),but right now I really want a drive pedal.I can't afford something expensive right now,but I want to have a good pedal for my budget(which is around $100~160).
I've narrowed it down to the Bad Monkey and the Blues Driver.They might not be the best pedals out there,but I really like their sound.
So,anyways,I know this was a really big post but if you have patience please answer

Thanks(and I hope my english isn't bad,since it's not my first language)!
Edit:btw,I have a fender highway 1 tele,if it makes any difference.
Last edited by Lucas Townshend at Nov 19, 2009,
Find a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 used. Or get a Keeley modded Blues Driver. I have them both. They are amazing.
Quote by Lucas Townshend
Edit:btw,I have a fender highway 1 tele,if it makes any difference.

Your amp makes a big, big, difference. What are you using at the moment?

Btw, the band sounds great - hope it goes well!
fulltone ocd?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
fulltone ocd?

Considering the currency here in my country,it would cost me at least $400...Too damn expensive.I have thought about it,but it's only a possibility if I ever go to the U.S.
My Amp is a solid state,but I don't think you guys would know the brand since I think it's Brazilian,but I can show you a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYUhser1Yw
I actually like it,but I reckon it's not the best I could get.
And thanks for the compliment on the band
honestly, you should get a tube amp, not a pedal
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

The end goal should be a better amp, but if you can't afford one, in the mean time, I think the two pedals you mentioned are good, on a budget. The Blues Driver is a good pedal stock, but can be modified to make it even better. The Bad Monkey is a tubescreamer clone that has great bang for the buck.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I know I should get a tube amp,I'm currently searching for one too,but it's a easier task since they seem to be a lot easier to find on my town than pedals,hence the reason I'm asking for pedals right now.(Not meant to be rude,sorry if it is)
Anyway,I just remembered this video I found of Keith playing his Fender Twin(I guess it's Keith,it's his setup anyway),and I was wondering if either the Bad Monkey or the BD could get me somewhere near this kind of sound?I know it's probably just a cranked amp,guitar and cable,but would I be able to get a sound remotely similar to this one with either of these pedals?
Here's the video

Overall,what I'm looking for is a sound that could get me similar to these guys:George/John(Beatles),Rich Robinson(Black Crowes),Pete Townshend(The Who),Alex Turner(Arctic Monkeys) and and that tele tone on the video.
Last edited by Lucas Townshend at Nov 21, 2009,