Hey guys, just a wee question here.
Now, I know you can get boutque most things, but I just havn't came accross any fancy high gain distortions, do they exist? Is it possible to get t3h br00talz from a pedal, but not kill your tone, no matter the price? Hmmm. Someone fill me in haha.
Y hallo thar.
Gear: Bogner XTC Classic, Suhr Carve Top, Gibson Santa Fe LP, a few nice pedals. All good fun =3
There are loads out there, yes. 'Distortion' and 'Overdrive' are used pretty interchangably by manufacturers (after all, overdrive is a form of distortion, albeit a particularly pleasing one).

I've found that the more gain you want to use, the more important your amp becomes to the overall tone (and particularly the speakers).
T-rex
Protone
Catalinbread
Z-vex
Damage Control
Seymour Duncan
Radial Engineering
AMT Pedals
Tech 21
etc.

makes great br00tz pedulz
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Ahh, just the man.
Having tried Duncans and Z-vex's stuff I was oddly dissapointed I must say. (Although the Z-vex was that bad I can only assume it to have been a duff pedal)
I'll give a wee look around the others you mentioned though, taa.
Y hallo thar.
Gear: Bogner XTC Classic, Suhr Carve Top, Gibson Santa Fe LP, a few nice pedals. All good fun =3
HBE does one, but i haven't tried it, the jackhammer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?