I play a multitude of genres, ranging anywhere from ska to deathcore. Bands include Protest the Hero, Rebelution, All Shall Perish, Ballyhoo!, and Dream Theater.

I have been browsing for guitars in the $ 500-700 range and have narrowed it down to these guys

Schecter C-1 Classic
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

PRS SE Custom 24
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=263735715

PRS SE Paul Allender
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar?sku=514471&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=124910434

Thoughts or suggestions for other guitars are quite welcome
I lol'd you've been warned
neither of the 3 excite me very much, but personally id go with the schecter
Quote by stxp64

+1
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by stxp64
+1

Or send me your money
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I was searching the used gear on GC website and they have all of those guitars for real cheap used. I almost broke down and bought one of the Paul Allender PRS's that they had for sell.
Quote by POWERMETAL!
You've been posting the same thing on multiple guitar suggestion threads. I know they're your pride and work, and you're trying to promote your work, but TBH... your posting all over without anything else to say but "get this" is pretty damn annoying to me, and I would personally not buy your stuff because of that. It's like you're one of those people working at stores who chase you around.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Its called advertising and not allowed on UG. No offense but there's something just not right about that 'Atomic' guitar, kinda hints at Chinese import parts.

Anyways, here's an idea for the TS. Save your money, maybe save a little more. To me it sounds like you feel you need to have to spend this cash you just acquired. Stupidest thing you can ever do, especially in this economy but then you might be too young to understand that.

If you really have been wanting a new guitar for a while then that's different but it doesn't sound that way. If so then wait it out, go to guitar stores and play a bunch guitars over a period of time. Then one day you'll have that light bulb moment where you pick up a guitar and it'll be perfect in every way. That's when you'll have the cash and are ready to purchase it
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Its called advertising and not allowed on UG. No offense but there's something just not right about that 'Atomic' guitar, kinda hints at Chinese import parts.

Yeah it does seem like advertising seeing as how he has links to that company and in a way can profit from the selling of the guitar. And it's bloody annoying seeing as some times the guitar doesn't even match the requirements the ts wants
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 20, 2009,
My mate's got the bottom one, IMO, its good. Plays brilliantly. IMO though, I'd go for the shec, even though I frequenty play the Allender sig.
That atomic guitar has fishy hardware and nut IMO.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
i'm sorry, i'm not trying to offend anyone. i was honestly trying to just help the TS, i read the bands he was into and i know that guitar could pull that stuff off. i thought it would be a little bit more help then the typical "ESP" comments these types of threads get. i understand that i may have been over doing it a bit, but these guitars are the real deal so for the same cost as you can get korean import garbage why wouldnt you rather get American made quality? i was only trying to help each of the TS's that i've put that on, and btw i have been making sure it fits the TS qualifications or i wouldnt post.

also i'm not an owner of the company or employed by them so i dont see the difference between my saying "get an Atomic guitar" or anyone else saying "get a Dean". but i get the message and i'll stop. sorry for the help.
Well to be honest it sounded like you were the owner/builder of those guitars. Personally there's something about them that isn't right I just can't put my finger on it.
Also, the humbuckers on the atomic are terrible.

BTW:eBay links get you b&.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by DSOTM80
As opposed to a Schecter which are all Asian imports?
Quote by Dawnwalker
That atomic guitar has fishy hardware and nut IMO.
And what gives you any indication of that?
Quote by Dawnwalker
Also, the humbuckers on the atomic are terrible.

BTW:eBay links get you b&.
They're the same humbuckers that are on the Schecter and are better than PRS's stock humbuckers on their SE guitars. I'm sorry but Dawnwalker, do you have ANY idea what you're talking about?

I hate to sound like a Devil's advocate here, but the Atomic guitar is probably better than all of the ones listed. All of you saying things like "hardware seems sketchy" etc really don't seem like any of you guys know a thing about how guitars are built and parts sourced.

As long as the luthier who builds the Atomic guitar is legit, then it's fine, small private guitar makers do a very good job. No one ever has a problem when CorduroyEW suggests his own pickups, he makes a good product that fits the needs of people who ask for suggestions. I don't see the problem with another poster suggesting a guitar that he makes either when seen fit. Is it slightly out of the TS's price range? Yes, but again, no one gets on CorduroyEW's case when he recommends Rock Monkeys which run about $300 a set (which most posters on this board cannot afford); which is perfectly fine, it's not like he is pressuring anyone into buying, he's just throwing out another option.
Last edited by al112987 at Nov 20, 2009,
Sorry but I know how quality guitars are made, I've had one made for myself and from my first impression it doesn't look right. I didn't state that as a fact, but merely an opinion which of course everyone is entitled to. You can challenge that and its cool but I still stand by what I initially said
in the link in your sig, it says you are [posted in march of this year, i believe] apprenticing at Atomic sooo. yeah.
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by DSOTM80
Sorry but I know how quality guitars are made, I've had one made for myself and from my first impression it doesn't look right. I didn't state that as a fact, but merely an opinion which of course everyone is entitled to. You can challenge that and its cool but I still stand by what I initially said
I'm just wondering what gave you that initial impression because I'm not getting it. And I feel like if someone would enlighten me, maybe I would. There is nothing even sketchy looking about the hardware, maybe if I had the guitar in front of me and I saw something dodgy about it, then yeah, but I don't and based on that picture, I can't tell a damn thing. But if you can tell me what I should be seeing from an single Ebay shot, then I'll keep it mind for the future. All I can really see in there is a guitar from a small maker that makes a guitar and sells it for a reasonable price. Now if the guitar were $500 or $400 or something, then yeah, I'd be a little more sketpical, but $800 can be enough to make a quality guitar like that using decent quality materials and still make some profit, so I don't really see where all these supposed red flags are coming from.

Again, I'm not trying to be an ass or start a fight or get on your case or anything, but in general one thing I think this forum really falls short on is being a bit more open minded. I know I may be jumping to conclusions but all the criticism really seems like nothing more than giving one an excuse not to buy the guitar from the unknown maker when really there are no tangible reasons to discredit Atomic guitars (sorry but there is nothing sketchy about the hardware in those pictures or that Ebay ad that I can see, at least not anything that is worse than what is put on Korean made Schecters and PRS SE guitars). It's why pickup makers like WCR, Wolfetone, Lollar, Motor City, etc. will never truly really catch on here like they have on other boards despite being far superior to the likes of Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio.
Could we tone down the racist ignorance a little bit?

The fact that it's assembled in America does not make it American, nor does it make it any better. Infact, Japanese, Korean, and Indonesian factories all put together guitars far better than any standard American factory.

I would take a quality Japanese/Korean guitar over a garbage American guitar any day.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Could we tone down the racist ignorance a little bit?

The fact that it's assembled in America does not make it American, nor does it make it any better. Infact, Japanese, Korean, and Indonesian factories all put together guitars far better than any standard American factory.

I would take a quality Japanese/Korean guitar over a garbage American guitar any day.
Are you serious? What Korean and Indonesian factories put together guitars far better than any standard American factory? What is a "standard" American factory exactly?

Japanese guitars are of high quality, but they are also generally in the same price range as American guitars. But please do not lump Korean and Indonesian made guitars in the same group.

But explain to me, what a "standard" American factory is first. If you are going to use a term like "standard factory" then obviously you're looking at some sort of differentiation between 'standard" and "non-standard". Are you talking about factories that make guitars like Gibsons and Fender MIA guitars? Or PRS? So you're telling me that the factories that make Epiphones, Squiers and SEs put out far better guitars?
Quote by al112987
Are you serious? What Korean and Indonesian factories put together guitars far better than any standard American factory? What is a "standard" American factory exactly?

Japanese guitars are of high quality, but they are also generally in the same price range as American guitars. But please do not lump Korean and Indonesian made guitars in the same group.

But explain to me, what a "standard" American factory is first. If you are going to use a term like "standard factory" then obviously you're looking at some sort of differentiation between 'standard" and "non-standard". Are you talking about factories that make guitars like Gibsons and Fender MIA guitars? Or PRS? So you're telling me that the factories that make Epiphones, Squiers and SEs put out far better guitars?

He means just because something was made in America doesn't make it better than something made in Korea or wherever the hell else you can have stuff made. All it's saying is it was "made in america" which says nothing about the quality.
Quote by al112987

I'm telling you Gibson's factory assembling is garbage, and Fender's is subpar in anything less than $2000 dollars.

Not far better, far better for the price.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have seen far more flaws on the likes of Epiphones or Squiers than on Gibsons and Fenders. They're not has highly publicized because they're budget lines and Perhaps you can argue that a $1000+ guitar shouldn't have any manufacturing flaws at all, but in no way do the overseas manufacturers put out higher quality guitars with higher quality consistency.

In addition, but I have yet to play an Epiphone or Squier that SOUNDS better than any MIA Gibson or Fender, and that includes guitars with aftermarket pickups and other upgrades.

And calling this racist ignorance is laughable.
Quote by Wulphy
I'm telling you Gibson's factory assembling is garbage, and Fender's is subpar in anything less than $2000 dollars.

Not far better, far better for the price.

yes. finally someone gets it. the guys who actually OWN Atomic (not me) realized this, and decided to start a line of guitars that are good quality for a decent price. seeing as there is a need for it. apparently not here, so i'm fine with you all just going ahead and getting your schecters and esp's, i dont care i was just trying to help.

i think at this point everyone is off topic and should give only their opinion on the original post and not make ridicules insinuations as to whats quality and whats hand MIA vs. assembled in america.