Hey all, im newish to this forum, but have some questions/seek some advice.

I owned a Marshall AVT50h amp and got rid of it (Dont remember why) for a Laney Pro Linebacker (Which im selling for £100).

Then i got myself a Peavey Valveking 100w Head, based on reviews and word of mouth. Problem was, i didnt like it once i got it, just sounded too...muddy, and that was once i had tried various eq settings etc.

I took it back to the shop i got it for and explained, and they offered me store credit (cause theyre awesome) but i needed an amp so the only thing i could get in my price range was a HiWatt, Maxwatt 200watt amp head (thats alot of watt haha)

So its a 200watt solid state head, with 2 gain channels, and a clean channel.

Its sounding pretty nice for a solid state, but I've decided I want a better amp, that im going to use for years, and not get rid of in a few months again.

The guitarist of my band uses a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, which is a great amp n all. I just dont think its 'heavy' enough for me, (I play alot heavier music than him) but it just doesnt sound distorted enough for me,

Now this will probibly be hard to phraze haha, But i like solid state heads because you can get a really distorted tone, thats bright and you can make out every note.

AND MY QUESTION TO YOU

Is there anything anyone can recomend to me, that will be distorted enough, and clear enough, Not too dear, that will be loud enough for gigs, studios etc, that wont sound too muddy, preferable combo, but either or.

Please reply with some good information.

Cheers everyone.

Dave
Peavey 6505 112?

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
^i just used that amp saturday for a show and its great. the cleans arent nearly as quacky as they are on my crate. its good for blues/rock too but it seems to be the amp of choice for many metalists.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Awesome guys.

Thankyou very much for the help n whatnot.

I'll see if i can find one at a guitar shop near where i stay n try it out.

Is there any recomdations from anything other than the Peavey (just to try out aswell)

Dave
Quote by DiscoithDavith
Awesome guys.

Thankyou very much for the help n whatnot.

I'll see if i can find one at a guitar shop near where i stay n try it out.

Is there any recomdations from anything other than the Peavey (just to try out aswell)

Dave

If you're going to try some out, compare the peavey with the b52 at112. I personally think it's a lesser amp to the peavey by a fair amount, but it's also a good deal cheaper.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I've played one once. It wasn't too bad. I thought it was kind of muddy, but you could fix that with a speaker and an EQ. You could fix a lot of amps with those for that matter.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
Last edited by Biblico at Nov 19, 2009,
Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier? Marshall JCM 900? Peavey XXX? Your request is extremely vague, can you help us out with some more details as to what kind of a sound you're after? Whose tone would you say you're looking for?
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60