Greetings,

My name's Youri and I'm looking for a guitar pedal that would be able to give me heavy tones (heavy,heavy metal tones,yea kinda confusing).

My current amp is a Blackstar HT5 combo and my guitar is a €80 Gibson SG Copy.

My amp does 80's Heavy metal very well but for the heavier part of the tone I'm aiming for; Artillery,Overkill,Amon Amarth,Sabaton,Agent Steel it kinda lacks the punch.
It might be that I want to be able to play a death metal tone lateron but that's not sure yet.

Price range is up €100 and around.

Thanks for all the upcoming information!
Last edited by Youri at Nov 19, 2009,
I heard good things about the MXR M116 Fullbore Metal pedal (i heard if you have a decent gain on your amp you can play death metal with it) But don't ever look at just one thing

And welcome to Ug Youri!
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Thanks for the welcome and reply,I myself have little to add to these boards,for now it'll just be questions since I've only been playing for half a year now but I would be glad to help other with theire questions whens I know enough myself!

I'll look into some reviews!
Barber Dirty Bomb is WAAAAAAYYYYYY better than the fullbore: MUCH more organic sounding....and it's $99US....AND...ITS B00T33K!!!!!

But if you have an HT5 get a good overdrive like a tubescreamer to push your amp.
Quote by TubeAmp89
Barber Dirty Bomb is WAAAAAAYYYYYY better than the fullbore: MUCH more organic sounding....and it's $99US....AND...ITS B00T33K!!!!!

But if you have an HT5 get a good overdrive like a tubescreamer to push your amp.
+1

Look into the Hardwire TL-2.
Quote by TubeAmp89

This.

I got one pretty recently and it's everything it says on the tin. Very organic, very versatile, very metal capable (Pantera/Damageplan/Machine Head/BLS kinda metal.), even makes a good booster, the thing that amazes me is even with single coils and the gain full it's not noisy.
Thanks for the replies but I'm not able to get the Barber since I'm in Belgium and the only shops I can order from are musicstore/thomann.
I'll check the tl2 out!
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
get either an overdrive or a better guitar with high output pickups. if you get a guitar with something like emgs or dimarzio d-activators you may find that you dont even need a pedal.
You could look at a graphic EQ like the Boss GE-7 / Danelectro Fish n Chips. That way you can boost the gain going into the amp with the level slider and tweak your tone at the same time. That's the way I'd go anyways.

Or if you want a distortion pedal, Blackstar HT-Dist / HT-DistX / HT-Dual would all work really well, the HT-Dual has an overdrive built in as well that IIRC you can run at the same time as the distortion to push it harder.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey