So i have a peavey classic 30 tube amp, and recently its been kinda broken. After i turn it on, it'll play fine for about 10 minutes. All of the sudden the amp starts to make extremely loud crackling noises. If anyone can diagnose the situation or give me some advice i'd greatly appreciate it. Hope its something easy to fix.
How old are the tubes? This could be a tube issue.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Soundin like a tube issue
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
its deffinitely not the cables or input. It's more of the amp is about to explode sound. It probably is the tubes, do you think i just need to change them?
Quote by guitarguy592
its deffinitely not the cables or input. It's more of the amp is about to explode sound. It probably is the tubes, do you think i just need to change them?

you should probably try that, Maybe you have a cracked tube?
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Take it to a tech, i had pretty much the same problem as your describing with my laney, then it just died alltogether, i replaced the valves with no joy. Apparently something went horribly wrong with the output transformer and it was putting out more power than it should have been. £100 job to fix. Plus £40 wasted on valves I didn't need.