http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor-GTR-100-SRS-114CE-GRND-AUDTRM-ACST-104657713-i1323885.gc#read-reviews

this.

But i was reading through some threads on here, and it sounds like its getting some steam...

I just tried it out today. I i liked the sound, i liked how it felt, but i hate to rush into a purchase, especially when im hearing about how overpriced it is

I do really like the bright, sparkly, kinda trebley sound alot though

Help
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
It gets knocked around here because it does not have as many features as other guitars do for the price. Most people here (but not all) would say that for that much money you can get better values from other companies. I tend to agree -- I would probably not buy a Taylor lower than the 300 series because the value to quality ratio is not where I think it should be on the big baby, the 100 series, or the 200 series.

In that price range, you can get very good guitars from breedlove, takamine, alvarez, and epiphone. Before you decide to buy, you should go try a bunch out first. If you still like the Taylor, by all means buy it. I would just recommend spending a little time with other brands first.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I just bought the 114 CE a couple of weeks ago. I really like it.

Before the buy, I was not a big Taylor fan per say, i'm an electric player that just wanted to dabble with something different. I went to GC and played everything in that general price range. I was trading a Marshall DSL 100 with a bit of cash, so I figured I had $ 800 to play with.

I played Taks, Breeds, Alvarez, Yamaha, etc. The Taylor, to me, just sounded better. It seemed to have more ring. There is something to be said for trying a bunch and getting the one that sounds the best to your ears, not what someone writes in a review.

Good luck with whatever you get.
Right, so it seems the people who haven t owned them dont like them, and the people who do own them like them, so its obviously a preference thing
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.