http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIB5AYxqWQ

i havent got any words yet. its just a song idea right now. it was inspired by the driving rhythm of "mountain medley" by eric johnson. any feedback would be nice. solo is a little sloppy at some points but all the tracks were one take so ill probably do a new version later.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's nice but the progression gets very repetitive, there also isn't really a main melody for the lead guitar. Which is just what this kind of thing needs.

thanks. the reason why there is no lead melody on it is because i left it open for vocals when i finish writing the lyrics.
great vibe, like the tone of the lead guitar, though it could use a little more volume.
as the other guy mentioned, it could use a "Main" Melody
a recurring lick or something.
Nice solo though near the end, fantastic even !
yeah good work man!
Quote by Freth
great vibe, like the tone of the lead guitar, though it could use a little more volume.
as the other guy mentioned, it could use a "Main" Melody
a recurring lick or something.
Nice solo though near the end, fantastic even !
yeah good work man!

thanks. i actually didnt like the tone of the lead too much. when i recorded it, i played straight into my loop pedal. so the tone is just my guitar and my OD pedal. but i suppose my amp playing it back would colour it.

and yes, it would have a main melody but really i kept it that way so that i could add vocals to it later. so i didnt want a lead line playing while im singing. thanks again.
Quote by myearshurt
I dig the lead part but the rhythm is a bit dull...maybe it's the tone? Probably would sound good acoustic + vocals. or maybe you could play it EJ style.

By the way, I only listened to the first half or so cause I'm nearly capped.

well i encourage you to listen to it all lol. what do you mean by playing it in EJ style? i didnt really want to sound exactly like him really. i was just inspired by one of his songs. i think the rhythm might be a little dull. its completely clean and i wanted it to not be so strong so that the harmony work i do over it would stand out a little more. i wanted a bass part too which might help but i didnt have a bass at the time. hopefully ill get a new version together soon. thanks for the input.
Quote by myearshurt
Haha, I shall....in a month

By 'EJ style'. I meant not just strumming the chords, but yeah that COULD be a bit distracting...

ah. well i also dont have a drum track or anything so the strumming helps give some rhythmic structure to the song. if i had a full band i might just do those harmony lines while singing or some EJ type versions of the chords.