Page 1 of 2
For those of you who don't know, bell's palsy is a condition in which your facial nerve is swollen or damaged. The effects are usually temporary, and affect one side of the face.
I cannot blink, nor move the side of my mouth on the left-hand-side of my face.
Anybody have any stories with this condition? If so, what happened? I'm all ear...
That sucks dude, how'd it happen?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Cheers for the comments. I just woke up, and couldn't move my face. They don't know what causes it. Sometimes it's herpes or lyme disease, neither of which I have.
This condition just makes me think of JIM ROSS! Legend
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Please make a funny face, take a pic, and post the results.

Also... I hope you get better right away!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Wednesday Bass
Isn't Bells Palsy a symptom of stroke?

No. Bell's palsy is idiopathic facial paralysis - i.e., if there is no reason for it (stroke, brain tumour etc) then it's called Bell's palsy.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.

I can't really relate, the only thing even remotely similar that has happened to me is when my neck locked itself when I woke up, could hardly move for 5-ish hours.

Get well soon!

S t a i r s s r i a t S

I'm sorry man, is it hereditary?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
So if you can't blink, how do you keep your eye properly moisturized?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by hugh20
I'm sorry man, is it hereditary?

Nope. I think it may just be swollen, or an infection.
Quote by Dirk Gently
So if you can't blink, how do you keep your eye properly moisturized?

I have eye drops, but I only got them later today. I have been having to do it manually. The eye actually partially shuts, maybe half way.
Quote by Ignite
My dad had it when I was young. Could only chew with one side of his mouth, had to wear an eye patch. I was like 7, and I cried for some reason.

How long did it last him? How bad were his symptoms? What caused it?
Cheers.
Wow, that sounds tedious. Good news is that in most people Bell's Palsy eventually subsides. Hopefully it's sooner than later.
Hi, I'm Peter
one of my middle school teachers had it. She said it happened to her whenever she was under a lot of stress. It had happened once when she was in college and then once again during her first year at the school. She couldn't move that side of her face for a decent amount of months, I can't remember exactly. She had to take some steroids I think for that and it made her kinda fat and bitchy, though I don't know if the bitchyness was the steroids or her

Edit: I don't think she had it quite as bad because as far as I know, she could blink. It just seemed like she had no expression on one side of her face the whole time.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Last edited by cap'n curry at Nov 19, 2009,
sorry dude.... that really sucks....

heres a hug....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
get some vitamin B12 shots and get some Ageless Extra. You'll be back to normal in a few weeks.
That happened to my grandpa. He went to get breakfast and was like "wtf why does the food keep falling out?"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

no serious life threating issues with it. just one of those conditions thats a hassle on your day to day life.
Quote by jacobparker
How long did it last him? How bad were his symptoms? What caused it?
Cheers.

1. think he had it about a week or two
2. pretty bad, right side of his face was completely paralyzed.
3. Not sure
Quote by jacobparker
For those of you who don't know, bell's palsy is a condition in which your facial nerve is swollen or damaged. The effects are usually temporary, and affect one side of the face.
I cannot blink, nor move the side of my mouth on the left-hand-side of my face.
Anybody have any stories with this condition? If so, what happened? I'm all ear...

I chuckled
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
My theory teacher in college had it. He regained most of the movement in his face and he still plays the saxaphone as amazing as ever. Hope everything goes ok for you, TS.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by namesroverrated
I chuckled

baha I didn't pick up on that

but yeh man do you have any piercings? Although if that was the case it probably would've been considered by now...
Gear:

Epiphone 1966 Ltd. SG
Epiphone SG G-400 (RIP)
Yamaha C310P
Kustom Quad DFX100
Roland Microcube (... I use it as an ipod speaker now XD)
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor
Boss Md-2 Mega distortion
Boss Dn-2 Dyna Drive
Vox V847 Wah
My friend had this a few years ago. I think it lasted about a month or two. I didn't know her at the time, but she told me all about it. It sounds pretty shitty. She also said it could reoccur at any time.
It's one of those annoyances that your body experiences here and there. Bell's Palsy is pretty much related to Woken-Up-Swollen-Eye and Twisted-Pelvis-In-Bed. I think their immature child must be wet dream.

No worries man. It's crappy for now but you'll be ok in a short bit.
Staying at home while you have it?
That's pretty annoying... Some years ago, I used to have epileptic seizures, and the seizures usually left me temporarily paralyzed on the entire right side of my body. It wasn't always I noticed it though, since my seizures were triggered by sleeping, and it didn't always wake me up, so it wasn't too bad (apart from that one time I fell asleep on the bus).
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
My wrestling coach has it.

It has actually really improved over time. Also the WWE announcer JR has it and he is the man so I think you'll be okay.
i think i had a grandma who had that, cant really remember though making this post quite pointless

That happened to my bro too, but he could move his left side a little, but could close the left eye without closing the right one too etc.

But in his case, it will get better soon enough
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Isn't that linked with Saturday Night Syndrome? Where the way you sleep traps a nerve and you have to wait for your body to repair it, usually taking weeks/months.

If so, my friend had that, and she was pregnant at the time. Took 4 months to fix itself.
I have a facial palsy, it's similiar to bells palsy except it's permanent and not caused by damage to the nerve, it's caused by a lack of the 7th cranial nerve. I had no muscle in the right side of my face either. When I was 5 and 6 I had two operations to fix it so that I would be able to blink a little and open and close my mouth to eat and talk, they took a nerve out the back of my leg and put it in my face and a muscle from under my arm. I still can barely move my face but just enough so that I dont slur my words or dribble!! I'll only get wrinkles on one side of my face!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Page 1 of 2