Hey guys, I'm doin this project, and can anyone tell me anything about the religion of ancient athens? This is sorta pissing me off because my textbook and notes don't have anything on their religion, and the internet only gives me ancient greece, not athens.

So can anyone help? I know some people may say they're not going to do my homework for me, but it's only 3 points out of a 35 point project, I've got everything else covered. Thanks, guys.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Well their main god was Pallas Athena, and the rest just the usual Greek gods.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Athens was kind of sort of the capital of ancient greece, and a reference point for ancient greek culture in general, including religion.
Surely it's the same religion as in ancient greece?

If you go to wikipedia , hit ctrl F and type Athens, you get a few specific facts about it , but I couldn't find much else
🙈 🙉 🙊
"Athens the capital and largest city of Greece"

Greek religion probably equals Athenian religion.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
They had a god of healing called Asclepious (sp?) and a healing temple called the Asclepion (sp? again).

Thats the extent of my knowlege.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by sashki
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Athens was kind of sort of the capital of ancient greece, and a reference point for ancient greek culture in general, including religion.

Ancient Greece was divided into citystates and the biggest were Athens and Sparta, so I think they played a big role in cultural stuff and shit.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by entity0009
Surely it's the same religion as in ancient greece?

I figured that, but since Athens and Sparta were so different, I didn't think they had the same religion.

Due to the amount of people (3!) saying it's just Greek gods, I'll go with that. Thanks.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by parigod
"Athens the capital and largest city of Greece"

Greek religion probably equals Athenian religion.

Not really--the overall framework was the same, but each city had a patron god and had different attitudes about the different dieties based on the mythology surrounding their favorite god, their geography, and other factors. If your city raised cattle you'd probably like helios, if you grew grapes you'd give extra attention to dionysus, etc.

There were also plenty of local and household gods that changed from area to area too.
Quote by el-ECTRO
They had a god of healing called Asclepious (sp?) and a healing temple called the Asclepion (sp? again).

Thats the extent of my knowlege.

Gcse Medicine through time rules.

or is that just me?
-no sig-