Well,
I'm in the market for a new amp, and the only thing I really want it to be is way different from what I have now.
allthough I'm really glad with my hughes and kettner tube 50 head for gigging and practising (I play in a post-rock/sludge band and this amp sounds perfect for it) I would like something else to play at home.
I'm thinking of two general options: a nice and tight high gain head, because I've been interested in playing some more prog. stuff and tight heavy metal. But I don't really know if the rest of my gear will get a tight tone I'm looking for (cab is a 1960BV and guitars: a tele w/ little 59 and a gibby lp studio (from '93 when they were still good ) Other option would be something like a nice tiny terror or night train because sometimes I can pick up my lp and set some quick delay and play classic rock kinda tones and solo's hours. But I thought maybe I already have a good amp for that kind of style.
So suggestions, things I might like or just other things you think of, let me know
budget is not really set because I always buy my stuff used and sometimes stuff can be at half price of what they ask at a store, but keep it under 1000eu (used that is.)
I would maybe be interested in another band or something so I would like if it had power enough to gig.
Genre is anything apart from post-rock stuff, because I already found my perfect amp for that as said.

cheers
Hendrik
The Bugera 333XL has a very tight high gain tone (very similar to a Mesa Boogie)
The Bugera 6262 has a much more ballsy but looser tone.
Marshall amps always sound great.

It all depends on what you're looking for.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
The Bugera 333XL has a very tight high gain tone (very similar to a Mesa Boogie)
The Bugera 6262 has a much more ballsy but looser tone.
Marshall amps always sound great.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

Well, bugera's are what I've looked for at my first option. I can surely pick one up used for under 300eu to. But my marshall cab has a pretty lose low end on high volumes so would it be worth inversting in a tight amp on a loose cab.
Hughes and Kettner Coreblade?
ENGL Blackmore?
Brunetti EVO XL?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If the most important thing to you in a high gain head is being REALLY tight, look into the VHT Deliverance. And as Raijouta said, ENGL Blackmore(or Savage) would be another good option.
Quote by henis
Well, bugera's are what I've looked for at my first option. I can surely pick one up used for under 300eu to. But my marshall cab has a pretty lose low end on high volumes so would it be worth inversting in a tight amp on a loose cab.

While your cabinet will have some impact on the "tightness" of your tone I really don't see an issue with your cabinet.

Almost all Marshall cabinets have Celestion G12T-75 speakers in them. Those speakers always sound a bit "scooped" and, in my opinion, I always though they sounded great for metal.

Once you get a different amp I think you'll see that another cabinet won't be needed.

BTW, I had a chance to play a few Bugera amps and I've decided that I'm going to sell my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and pickup both a Bugera 6262 and a 333XL. The 333XL has a very similar tone to my Mesa but isn't quite as sterile. Still they are very close in tone and could easily get confused.

Bugera gets too much flak, but they sound absolutely fantastic. Since they fixed their problems they had on these amps in mid-2008 I haven't heard of any new issues with them. So basically I personally think it's safe to buy one now. I'm really looking forward to bringing them home. Of course I'm going to sell my Mesa Boogie to fund both of the amps, but my quest is for tone, not bragging rights (I'm not a young kid anymore!)
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100