i think i may need new pickups on my Jackson ke3... when im playing the neck pickup... every time i play a note or make the smallest sound i get this really loud ringing sound... ive tested the guitar on multiple amps and with multiple noise gates... so... do you think its time for new pick ups? if so... what would you recommend for metal/hard rock? they must be inactive pickups...
hahahahaha inactive

you mean passive

and get a dimarzio air norton
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by SynGatesFan1
i think i may need new pickups on my Jackson ke3... when im playing the neck pickup... every time i play a note or make the smallest sound i get this really loud ringing sound... ive tested the guitar on multiple amps and with multiple noise gates... so... do you think its time for new pick ups? if so... what would you recommend for metal/hard rock? they must be inactive pickups...

Also give the wiring a check, could be a faulty connection. If these are EMGs in it, they might be quick connect. Swap the pickups around and see if, and where the problem persists to check if the pickups are to blaim.

Also, inactive = passive.

If you want passive pickups for hardrock/metal, my vote goes to the duncan jb/jazz combo or Bareknuckle painkillers if you can afford.
WTLTL 2011
pickups don't really just "die". im sure a wire came loose or something like that
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.