hey guys, i need help on something and I hope I say say right so that it doesn't confuse you. Uh what I'm looking for is a way to get an instant playback when I say something into my mic on my computer. Like sort of what a amp does with a guitar. You play and sound comes from it. I'm looking for that sort of thing.

Is there a program where I can do that?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
What program are you playing into that doesn't have a monitor is a better question... I think even Audacity can do that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
What program are you playing into that doesn't have a monitor is a better question... I think even Audacity can do that.

+1
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
Quote by SteveHouse

Damn I must know nothing about computer programs. What exactly do you mean? And uh if you need to know what program I use, its Adobe Soundbooth CS4.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Download Audacity. It's about as simple as an audio editor can get, so it's not the most powerful thing out there, but it should do what you want. The monitor is the ability to play back what you're inputting.

SHEdit: Judging by this Soundbooth CS4 can monitor too...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Nov 19, 2009,
If your using a shitty basic soundcard and you want instant playback, Audacity may not be the best due to latency problems. It may be a good idea to download a proper sounddriver like ASIO4ALL. Personally I would use Guitar Rig with ASIO keeping the latency down.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH