Hey Ug,

I'm looking to purchase a new guitar very soon. I need some suggestions on what to get. Right now I have about 900 USD maximum. I like to play "teh br00tz", but I also want to be able to switch to a clean tone for jazz etc. I have heard of Piezo pickups. Do they require another jack? Can i just plop one ine, or should I just get something else? If you know of a guitar that can do it all, PLEASE, let me know.

I just picked up my ibanez rg370dxgp1 from the drummer's house and plugged it in. Oh yeah, it kicked the daylights out of the epiphone i was playing, which gave me second thoughts about sticking with one guitar choice. I dont know if I should get another Ibby or move on to a Carvin I have been offered. But I dont have to stick with these two brands either. I am very open to new ideas!

PLEASE write down anything that pops into your mind. I am very open to every suggestion (except the wangcaster), and I will do some more research on it.

Thank you for your patience and suggestions!!!!
Last edited by Mikilangelop at Nov 19, 2009,
I recently got a 7 string Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and have found it really is excellent for "teh br00tz" yet also great for clean stuff too. It has EMG 707-TWs on it, which have a coil tap function, which basically enables you too use them as humbuckers or single coils at will. If you get a chance try one out, they are sort of obscure and not too common, but hell i love it soooo much in comparison to all the other guitars ive played.
Gibson Explorer. Those pickups are sposed to be really good for overdrive and clean. and the neck is so heavenly :P not sure how much in $ it costs though
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
i heard schecter blackjacks offer some good sounding distortion for heavier stuff, and their pickups are amazing on cleans (if i remember correctly, SD Jb/59 combo, which sounds amazing) I also think it has coil tapping as well, so you can tap the pickups for even more versitility. and they have a 7 string model too if i remember correctly, so no downtuning if you like B standard ;D
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie
i heard schecter blackjacks offer some good sounding distortion for heavier stuff, and their pickups are amazing on cleans (if i remember correctly, SD Jb/59 combo, which sounds amazing) I also think it has coil tapping as well, so you can tap the pickups for even more versitility. and they have a 7 string model too if i remember correctly, so no downtuning if you like B standard ;D

nah the blackjacks they don't have push/pull coil taps.the hellraiser has though.check out google and type in schecter.
Quote by A7x_1993
nah the blackjacks they don't have push/pull coil taps.the hellraiser has though.check out google and type in schecter.

Blackjacks have push pull (http://www.schecterguitars.com/)
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Piezo's are great but I don't really find the use for them considering most people already have an acoustic, and if your amp can do a clean sound brilliantly then you won't really need to use the piezo pickups. They don't require another jack but they can be a pain to install look on the Graphtech website for the installation guides. Anyway we need to know more

What type of bridge?
What type of neck joint construction?
What pickup layout?
Active of Passive pickups?
What woods used?
Anything else that the guitar needs to have?
Ok to answer your questions:

Bridge: I dont really care all that much about it. I can deal with a trem or not.

Neck: Preferrably neck through.....the joint im not too particular about

Pickup layout: HxH, HSH, HSS in other words, anything other than SSS

Pickup Selection: Active or passive? It doesnt really matter, I'm open to anything.

Wood: I LOVE to sound of Ash. Mahogany is good too. Alder is another good one. In other words anything other than cheapo basswood. (unless you can convince me otherwise) I've had some bad experiences with basswood.

Any other suggestions?
Feel free to ask questions to clear things up.
Thanks!
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
IF you okay with the thin necks of the Ibanez's and Jackson's I Recommend the RG3620Z,RG3520ZE,RG1570.

as for the Jackson's SL2,SLSMG,RR5.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
hanson makes some sick guitars and so does airline hanson has a great 3 p-90 model for 675 check it out at hansonguitars.com or you could get an airline 2 pickup deluxe for about 900 check them out at eastwoodguitars.com
REASON FOR STARVING ARTISTS
I need money! why? my guitar is 1050 and i only have 350. Figured. What? You're a musician, you always need money for a new instrument. Ah that makes sense
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM
ya, I was looking for more "br00talz" guitars.
Thanks for the suggestoin tho!
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
If you like Ibanez, there's nothing like them. Nothing will compare, not ever a $10,000 PRS. I would recommend looking into a Prestige.

This is the cheapest one available but it only has one pickup:
http://www.samash.com/p/RG2610ZBK%20RG%20Prestige%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-49955389
You can also look at the RG1570 which is $1000 but has a $100 rebate offer:
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1570

And they're not cheap basswood, they're good basswood. Notable basswood players include Vai, Petrucci, Gilbert, EVH, and Satch so it's not bad at all. There's a huge difference between high quality and low quality basswood guitars. All of their guitars are also bolt-on. Vai, Petrucci, and Gilbert all played Ibanezes with very similar specs to those RGs and their. The RG started out as an affordable JEM, but the PGM and JPM are just RGs with different finishes and options. The Ibanez Prestiges are the same quality as the sigs too.