Page 1 of 2
* I know there is a "the only thrash thread" but that's really general and this is really specific.
** I know there is a "band recommendations thread" but this isn't about that.

This thread is about finding out who are the best of the best of this New school thrash (by my definition bands formed after 2000 that have that old school feel, but still sound pretty fresh). I don't want to say this is a thrash 'revival' because it never died, but thrash is definitely getting more and more popular (and not in a trendy jonas brothers/miley cyrus kind of way) *vomits*
There are lots of bad/average/pretty cool bands out there playing this new school thrash but I wanna know who you think are the best. Who's gonna be the big 4 of this generation?

My picks: Warbringer, Havok, Lich King ________ (4th spot.. still searching. lol)
What do you think?
skeletonwitch

/thread
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Evile
Gama Bomb
Warbringer

Hmm, I just realized those are the only 3 new age thrash bands I like.

I'd just like to say right now that Municipal Waste sucks, however.
...I like metal.
War Ripper
Wastelander

both iffy on thrash, but better than newer thrash garbage anyway.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
War Ripper
Wastelander

These plus Toxic Holocaust, Skeletonwitch, Witchaven, Vektor (judging from the samples i heard off the new album) and Hexen are the only ones i'm interested in lately.
new absu...lawls
and Skeletonwitch..haven't really listened to the new stuff, I remember it sounding pretty much like the old stuff..
Skeletonwitch is pretty cool, dekapitator is cool as well. Municipal waste doesn't suck lol they're not the best but they're not bad. They kinda remind me of Exodus
Lazarus A.D. (not sure if most would consider them thrash) and Skeletonwitch are the two I find myself listening to the most.
Evile, Lazarus AD and Warbringer. That's about it, and I hardly even consider Skeletonwitch thrash, brilliant as they may be.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Listening to Skeletonwitch they are good, like melodic thrash or something like that I can say.... I mean they have a big influence from melodic death metal for what Im listening, maybe on this album Beyond The Permafrost, or that have been their style always?
haha i dont know any. I listen to tons of thrash but its all bands that were formed in 80s/90s, besides that ive heard like 1 or 2 thrash bands froms the 00's that sucked ass, and if i ask anyone if theyve heard of any modern thrash the say something stupid like bfmv.
Quote by linfield4466
War Ripper
Wastelander

War Ripper's decidedly crust... Wastelander is more punk but could be put under thrash. War Ripper's great but I don't really like Wastelander

TS, go to the Thrash Thread
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Skeletonwitch is the only one which raped my soul, although there are a lot of other new school thrash bands I listen to.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
none of them.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Toxic Holocaust have been going for over 10 years, hardly new.
Mutant, Gama Bomb, Vektor are all ace.
HOD are good for Power/Thrash.
New Warbringer album is very good, although the first one is shit.
Whoever said Enforcer...wicked band, yes, but thrash..?

And anyone that says Evile needs a slap. Seriously.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
lol I know what you mean crebbechi. haha b4mv.... not thrash.
but check out some of these, there are alot of shitty new thrash and a handful of bands with real potential.

it seems like everyone likes Lazarus. I checked them out, they're really cool. I found out a day later they were playing with ensiferum on wednesday but I had already made up my mind to see another show instead... fail
Municipal Waste
Mutant
Warbringer's second album
Skeletonwitch
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
don't know how long blood tsunami has been around, but i read a magazine article that says they're pretty new. however that article was in metal hammer, so i don't trust it.
also, sanctity are almost good.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
For some good new thrash, check out Salute from England, or Trench Hell. Class auld Hellhammer/Celtic Frosties vibe off them.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Evile is the only "new school" thrash band that ever intrested me. And I'm slowly going off them.

And to counter chylde_of_fire, anyone that says Gamma bomb deserves a slap. And so does their vocalist
Last edited by Monkey Biscuits at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by \m/Gaz
Skeletonwitch are more black thrash really

mastery is epic win though

Skeletonwitch are nowhere near black/thrash. They seemed to have mixed the most 'anthemic' riffs of d666 and the likes with melodic soloing that tries to sound NWOBHM but just sounds like metalcore. Desaster, Absu Destroyer 666 et al absolutely shit all over this band. Not the worst band ever, but nowhere near real black/thrash.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I guess Sauron (US) can be mentioned here, dunno why I forgot them. Thrash Assault is some sick, deadly stuff.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
I guess Sauron (US) can be mentioned here, dunno why I forgot them. Thrash Assault is some sick, deadly stuff.

Completely forget about them, that's a great CD, also, Scythian is really cool.
Scythian are excellent, great choice mang.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Blood Tsunami
Destroyer 666
Skeletonwitch.
I saw Skeletonwitch live they were friggen epic.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Not to be a nob, but how the fuck can you like a band as good as Destroyer 666 and then follow it up with bands like skeletonwitch and blood tsunami? I smell a namedropper.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
AND there is nothing 'new school' about Destroyer 666, theyve been going a good 15 years at this stage.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Not to be a nob, but how the fuck can you like a band as good as Destroyer 666 and then follow it up with bands like skeletonwitch and blood tsunami? I smell a namedropper.

Eh I like all of them. I'm not sure why I just do.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by Stranglehold

its his opinion leave him alone.
Page 1 of 2