No, I haven't skipped any grades. I went to my neighboring highschool, as I will be attending their next year. But i randomly walk up to the conductor( because there were all he different jazz instruments. Tramnbone, saxophone,drums,guitars, the whole 9 yards) And asked him if it was okay if I played drums for a song and to my disbeleif he says YES!

So i walk up their, and the drummer who was actually the drummer for the band was all mad, and distracting me the entire time i was up their. But he let me play the song.
So i randomly go up their and play something like keith moon would've done, accept a lot simpler for 2 reasons( 1; less skill 2; less drums )

So basicly, keeping the beat but adding in a lot of crashes and snares and a few extra drum beats every once in a while. And this was the senior Band! the 12th grade guys and they were all high fiving me after the song and everything!

This is by far, the favourite thing that has ever happend to me while on the school clock!

btw, the drummer was doing the stop signal 4 times to em during the song, and like, saying stuff into my ears and stuff. You know, the signal where your arms are crossed and then you uncross them.

peace
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
well congrats man, i would have joined my schools jazz band but they really arent fun people, and i like to make music fun

^ agreed blog material
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
how can you be 13 and have registered in jan of 2008...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I started playing guitar for my high school's jazz band in the 7th grade. It really pushes you musically, it's great experience.
cool. i got first chair as a bass player in my jazz band freshman year. its a fun experience.
That's awesome... I played bass with the jazz band in high school... they weren't very good.
my school doesnt have a jaz band, you guys are lucky

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Jesus built my hot-rod. On topic, okay..?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Good. I hope "Spelling and Grammar" is next on the list.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
By the way, you'll never get into a real jazz band by playing like Keith Moon
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115

It also appears that you joined here before you were thirteen.
And I have no idea what that sign you were going on about is...
Last edited by jimmyled at Nov 19, 2009,