I've found an old Aria acoustic for $65 in a local pawn shop is it a good deal? It looks like a Gibson Hummingbird copy. I know some lawsuit era electrics are worth money. It looks like this might be a lawsuit era acoustic so I thought it might be worth something, too. It was made in Japan. The serial number is 05780213. I found one on ebay with a buy it know for $478. So what do UG's acoustic experts think? Is it worth anything?

Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Nov 24, 2009,
Well I bought it. There's more pics in my profile if you want to see them. The tech at my local shop is gonna hook me up with a bone saddle for it. He said I was lucky SOB and tried to buy it from me. Thanks to UG's own Invader Jim, I'm pretty sure it's a '78 model. He linked me to a site with some info on Arias and other MIJ guitars.
HNGD! It looks pretty nice.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Thanks for that link. There was actually a few links with pics that looked close to my guitar. I think that comfirms that it's a late 70's model but I'm still not 100% sure on the exact year. From the research I've done I don't think there's anyway to tell the exact year. The serial numbers range from 6 to 8 digits and there's no way to tell what each digit means.
ARIA/ARIA PRO II
Aria started using serial numbers in the mid-1970s, and models before
this have no serial number. Several different schemes have been used
for serialization.
Guitars built between 1979 and 1987 may use either
one of these formats:
YNNNNN or YYNNNNNN. The first one or two
digits indicate the year. A 79XXXXX would be a 1979 and a 2XXXXXX

This is from
https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/EGuitar/ElectricSerialization.pdf

I don't know if that helps.

Chris
cranium2001, I had already read that stuff about the serial numbers. It also says: Keep in mind that several variations have been used and anything is quite possible. (Source: Michael Wright/Aria). The first two digits on mine are 05 and I know it's not an '05. They didn't make anything close to mine in '05. Of all the pics I've been able to find mine looks closest to the '77 model. I couldn't find any pics of a '78 and since mine is slightly different from the '77 I think it's a '78. The catalog from '77 is the only one that had it listed as a AF225 model. The other years called it various other names. My local guitar shop researched it too and they think it's a late 70's model too.

I got a new saddle made for it. Here's a new pic.
I've just bought a beautiful Aria AW 300 x with blue abalone inlay for 300 Euros . It plays great so i don't mind if I 've lost dough but i'd like to know if i have
Congratulations that is a good score.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.