My newest baby, still to be given a name. Got her for $176 with a brand new stand (I think it's about $25 value). She's flawless and purrdy! Pics now:

Full Body shot

Close-Up

Body Shot. Notice the flags on the ceiling for USA, Taiwan, China, and Panama. It represents my roommates and I. One of them is Taiwanese American, came to the US when he was little; the other is also Taiwanese American, but born and raised here; another one is Chinese American, also came to the US when he was little; and finally me: I'm an American-born Chinese raised in Panama.

Her headstock

Her neck

Comparison of the Wizard-II Neck on her and the Fender Soft-V Neck on my Strat

The two guitars currently with me. Kaguya is down in Panama .

Enjoy!!
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
wow what a deal. throw some EMG's on there and you have yourself a great guitar.
Very classy looking, how'd you score it so cheap? It doesn't look like a $150 guitar. Don't ruin that thing with EMGs.

jetfuel495, I did in fact read your post in Toki's voice. And for the sake of bragging, I saw Dethklok last Saturday. They were on top of their game, and a 250 lb Mastodon fan punched me in the eye in the circle pit.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Thanks guys :'D she's so pretty and awesome!

Quote by loudog93
wow what a deal. throw some EMG's on there and you have yourself a great guitar.
I personally don't like EMG's, so I'm probably putting in Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios... I prefer SDs *shrug*
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Very classy looking, how'd you score it so cheap? It doesn't look like a $150 guitar. Don't ruin that thing with EMGs.

jetfuel495, I did in fact read your post in Toki's voice. And for the sake of bragging, I saw Dethklok last Saturday. They were on top of their game, and a 250 lb Mastodon fan punched me in the eye in the circle pit.

lucky bastard, I want to see them one day.
Quote by Lekz

finally me: I'm an American-born Chinese raised in Panama.

Kinda similar here: I'm spanish, born in Switzerland and raised in Argentina. Nice guitar you got there,HNGD!
HNGD!

You named your guitar after a furniture store (Kaguya=furniture store in japanese)? Cool.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by loudog93

anyways, nice guitar. It's kinda weird though. You've got the exact same stand with your 2EX1 that I bough with my 2EX1.

Anyways, get some new pups and pots in that beeatch and listen to the music!

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Very classy looking, how'd you score ithttps://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=22340852 so cheap? It doesn't look like a $150 guitar. Don't ruin that thing with EMGs.
I found it on ebay almost the same day it was posted and started communication with the seller... pulled the trigger the next day ! Also, I'm not a fan of EMGs... though not at the "EMG Hater" level of ch0 .

Quote by kazetuner
Kinda similar here: I'm spanish, born in Switzerland and raised in Argentina. Nice guitar you got there,HNGD!
Awesome!! ;D Multi-national people are awesome *cough*yesiamawesome*cough*

Quote by oneblackened
HNGD!

You named your guitar after a furniture store (Kaguya=furniture store in japanese)? Cool.
Nope! I named her after Kaguya-hime, the princess of the moon in the classic Japanese folktale of "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" :P

Quote by ch0
anyways, nice guitar. It's kinda weird though. You've got the exact same stand with your 2EX1 that I bough with my 2EX1.

Anyways, get some new pups and pots in that beeatch and listen to the music!

HNGD!
Whoa, that's a strange coincidence indeed... I don't know if I'll change the pickups anytime soon (don't want to spend anymore money ), but they definitely won't be EMGs . Actually the "Designed by EMG" pups on it aren't as bad as I was expecting them to be from all the bashing they get. Or maybe that's because I have an HT-5? The bass response seems to be a lot better with this guitar.

Also, I checked her electronics, and mine had 500k audio taper Pots, with all the cables neatly organized and tie-wrapped, and the cavity was shielded... it seemed like a factory job, which was pretty surprising too... her serial # tells me she was built in the Indonesian Cort Factory on December 2006. I've seen Cort basses before and their build quality have been quite outstanding, which might be the reason.
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
Whoa, that's a strange coincidence indeed... I don't know if I'll change the pickups anytime soon (don't want to spend anymore money ), but they definitely won't be EMGs . Actually the "Designed by EMG" pups on it aren't as bad as I was expecting them to be from all the bashing they get. Or maybe that's because I have an HT-5? The bass response seems to be a lot better with this guitar.
It could be the HT-5. I didn't even own an amp between getting my 2EX1 and changing the pickups. My HT-5 was on back-order. Who knows, perhaps I just threw money away

Quote by Lekz
Also, I checked her electronics, and mine had 500k audio taper Pots, with all the cables neatly organized and tie-wrapped, and the cavity was shielded... it seemed like a factory job, which was pretty surprising too... her serial # tells me she was built in the Indonesian Cort Factory on December 2006. I've seen Cort basses before and their build quality have been quite outstanding, which might be the reason.
Mine's same factory but an '08 build. Linear taper pots but everything else is the same as yours. It's shielded and had nice pretty wiring when I got it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The "Designed by EMG" pups are described as "too bassy" and "slightly muddy" from what I've seen. This girl DOES make the HT-5 sound chunky without any pedals in between, which is in contrast to running Isabelle through with my KORG multifx set on "Metal Distortion" (emulates a "well-known" metal distortion boost pedal no idea which, but works for me) for boosting and EQ'd with more bass to give that "oomph" the ht-5 seems to lack.

I was checking the ibanez catalog, and I noticed that after the switch to V7/V8s they changed to the 5 selector switches. The V7/V8s are 4-conductor, but the EMGs don't seem to be. I definitely want to do some coil-tapping when I mod her in the future. I also noticed there's another guitar, the Ibanez RGR321EX, that is exactly the same as our guitar (part by part, as seen in the catalog), but with a reverse neck... I think I saw some website saying they used to sell for around $550 (!!!)... I kind of want to get my hands on one of those necks, though the guitar was only produced for a year or so, it seems, so it must be really rare.

The mods I'd probably do to her are: change pickups (probably SH-4/SH-1... with nice black covers to keep the look the same) w/ coil tap and parallel/series wiring controlled by push/pulls; locking tuner heads; better nut; and maybe a higher end ibanez fixed bridge, if such thing exists.

... maybe even some piezo circuitry.
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
The "Designed by EMG" pups are described as "too bassy" and "slightly muddy" from what I've seen. This girl DOES make the HT-5 sound chunky without any pedals in between, which is in contrast to running Isabelle through with my KORG multifx set on "Metal Distortion" (emulates a "well-known" metal distortion boost pedal no idea which, but works for me) for boosting and EQ'd with more bass to give that "oomph" the ht-5 seems to lack.
Glad to hear they're working out so well for you.

Quote by Lekz
I was checking the ibanez catalog, and I noticed that after the switch to V7/V8s they changed to the 5 selector switches. The V7/V8s are 4-conductor, but the EMGs don't seem to be. I definitely want to do some coil-tapping when I mod her in the future. I also noticed there's another guitar, the Ibanez RGR321EX, that is exactly the same as our guitar (part by part, as seen in the catalog), but with a reverse neck... I think I saw some website saying they used to sell for around $550 (!!!)... I kind of want to get my hands on one of those necks, though the guitar was only produced for a year or so, it seems, so it must be really rare.
My 20 year old RG550 uses a 5-way switch for some coil tapping fun. So does (and did stock) my RG2EX1. Though, when you've got an H-H Ibanez you get an out of phase neck pickup on position 4 and both pickups split on position 2 - which is why I'm switching up my guitar for some real coil tapping.

Quote by Lekz
The mods I'd probably do to her are: change pickups (probably SH-4/SH-1... with nice black covers to keep the look the same) w/ coil tap and parallel/series wiring controlled by push/pulls; locking tuner heads; better nut; and maybe a higher end ibanez fixed bridge, if such thing exists.

... maybe even some piezo circuitry.
You'll be surprised with the stock Ibanez tuners. They're Gotoh style and work surprisingly well; it's a very rare thing that my guitar ever goes out of tune.

About the bridge, the stock Ibanez fixed-bridge is, again, a Gotoh style piece. You can get a Gotoh bridge that will bolt right in for $75 or so, but I don't think there's really much to be gained. Again, Ibanez did a good job when sourcing hardware and the stock bridge is a very good piece. If you did want to change it up though you could look into a Hipshot bridge. They're a little more expensive than the Gotoh piece but if you got one it would actually look like you'd modified the guitar. Instead of using a virtually identical Gotoh bridge.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Last edited by ch0 at Nov 20, 2009,