hey

so today i re strung my jackson dinky for the first time and when i took off the strings i found 6 cracks in the paint on the headstock, one coming down from each tuner. when you shine a light on it you can see the wood through it.

there each a couple of inches long

iv had it about a month and a half

what should i do?
Last edited by jkielq91 at Nov 19, 2009,
I don't mean to be rude but I can't see a darn thing in those pictures. Better ones would be appreciated, but my advice would be the same seeing as I've got no idea what's wrong with it. I'd say take it to a shop and see what they can tell you.

Sorry mate, but I dunno
Sound like stress cracks in the finish to me. The threaded peghead bushings might have been cranked down to much. There really is not a whole lot you can do.

How old is the guitar? Is it a high end Jackson MIA w/nitro finish etc? nitro is infamous for cracking it's part of the aging process of nitro.

Pics would help.

John
Quote by johnro6659
Sound like stress cracks in the finish to me. The threaded peghead bushings might have been cranked down to much. There really is not a whole lot you can do.

How old is the guitar? Is it a high end Jackson MIA w/nitro finish etc? nitro is infamous for cracking it's part of the aging process of nitro.

Pics would help.

John

iv had the guitar month, dunno when it was made. the guitar is a dxmg so its not high end.

could the cracks get worse of the paint start chipping off around the cracks?