So, I have a Schecter C-1 Special with Seymour Duncan P-90 Stacks. They were installed by the guy I bought the guitar from. They sounded really thin and weak, and the bridge pickup was significantly quieter than the neck pup. I noticed that it was wired in some kind of weird configuration, so i re-wired it as it was supposed to be. Problem is, they still sound really weak, and the neck pup is still a good bit louder/thicker than the bridge.

Wondering if the pots/caps need replaced, or what. Any advice is welcome.
See above post ^
Last edited by ofXoneblood at Nov 19, 2009,
Usually, when my pickups sound weak I unsolder then resolder the lot. Probably just needs new solder and the joints touching up. Works for me!
Failing that, could be the pickups.

Out of curiosity, what K pots are in there? I imagine 500k?
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
sounds like a bad soldering job.. and it could be the pots. but i always put new ones in everytime i put in new pups
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
500K pots. I probably will change them out, that way I can just re-solder everything, and new pots definitely wouldn't hurt. It looks like a pretty amateur soldering job in there anyway, so that way I can clean that up a bit.
See above post ^
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006

Post your questions there, people like Invader Jim, ZakkWyldefan79, williscool, or Baby Joel can help you out. If you do change the pots, keep the 500K. Lowest I would go is 300K as the higher the number the more raw sound you get from the pickups. I highly doubt the problem is the pots anyways, they sound scratchy when they fail

Also check this page from Seymour Duncan and compare your wiring to this diagram. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=p90_stacks

EDIT: How's the pickup height look?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 20, 2009,