out of a Peavey Vypyr 30W? Specifically like used in Stockholm Syndrome. Any help will be appreciated.
Sending a dummy to my God.

For starters, if you haven't already, you'll want to get a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory from the Z.Vex Effects company. That's his favorite pedal (The one he usually builds into his guitars) and it's how he gets his trademark processed sounds like on Stockholm Syndrome, Map of the Problematique, Hysteria, Knights Of Cydonia, and more recently Uprising. They'll run you $179.00 at your nearest Guitar Center, heck, I was thinking about picking up one myself.
If you meant ONLY out of a Vypyr 30W, cause I've got a Vypyr 15W, but I don't think it's possible to get a good tone. But you've got more knobs than I do, so I'm probably out of my element now XD
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?
Last edited by Rockinguitar at Nov 19, 2009,
Try some high gain settings on your Vypr.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Use the Fuzz model on the Vypyr and mess with it from there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by thrasher.
Just buy a VH4 and be done with it.

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

I was kidding

Use the "Dzl" settings + Fuzz on your Vypyr.
Quote by thrasher.
I was kidding

Use the "Dzl" settings + Fuzz on your Vypyr.

Probably the best way to go about it. IIRC Matt's fuzz tone is quite mid'sy so you might wanna try upping the mids for the fuzz.

The zVex would probably not get you anywhere near where you want to be due to the whole pedals -> modeling thing. Tends not to work to well in my experience.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The Vypyr takes pedals pretty well. I know a guy who uses a distortion pedal over one of the clean models (he has the Vypyr 15, which has no footswitch capabilities) and I think it sounds fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??