I really, reaaallly disliked the overdriven guitar's power chords. They really cheapened the harmony to me. If you could get a melody or more complex chords going on with that (maybe some different, higher register chord voicings?), I think the song would be much better off for it. Over all though, it's off to a great start.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I thought it was great! The acoustic guitar had great melodies, the bassline sounded good and had some good fills, and the overdriven guitar reinforced everything! 8.5/10 as it is.

C4C? Anything from my sig could use it.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I really, reaaallly disliked the overdriven guitar's power chords. They really cheapened the harmony to me. If you could get a melody or more complex chords going on with that (maybe some different, higher register chord voicings?), I think the song would be much better off for it. Over all though, it's off to a great start.

Thanks for the advice, I know what you mean - I normally let our rhythm guitarist decide the rhythm parts for himself. However, I would like to completely do this one myself, but I can't really think of what to do that isn't some obvious power chord thing.

If you could chart any ideas it would be a great help - I don't even play guitar apart from acoustic so I don't really know where to go.

Off to crit yours and herbys - never mind, you don't seem to have any

To herby - thanks a lot, and I do need the second guitar in there for the reasons you stated. I just don't know what to do with it
Last edited by A Rock Bassist at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by A Rock Bassist
Thanks for the advice, I know what you mean - I normally let our rhythm guitarist decide the rhythm parts for himself. However, I would like to completely do this one myself, but I can't really think of what to do that isn't some obvious power chord thing.

If you could chart any ideas it would be a great help - I don't even play guitar apart from acoustic so I don't really know where to go.

Off to crit yours and herbys - never mind, you don't seem to have any

To herby - thanks a lot, and I do need the second guitar in there for the reasons you stated. I just don't know what to do with it

Yeah, that's how I get away with really shitty criticisms without anyone being able to complain about it.

I don't really have time to get in-depth with musical ideas right now, but maybe after this weekend I can pop in and try to help.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Really generic intro, but that's to be expected. I liked the part where the O.D. Guitar kicked in. Didn't like the bass line though, too cheerful for my taste. Bridge was way too generic and obvious, but that's to be expected. That last chord kind of ruined it though. Should end with the bass line. Complexity meter: 1/10, Nicety meter: 7/10.
Somewhat enjoyable, even though way too major for my liking.
C4C?
Quote by jimmyled
Really generic intro, but that's to be expected.

Whats that supposed to mean, if I may ask?