Ok. Well im finally ready to move on up to tubes, and ive been saving for a while and with, the holidays, savings bonds, and my saved money i think im ready to move up. To start off, (FLAME SHIELD) my band plays mostly punk rock, but hear me out. Its older punk rock say Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedy's, The clash etc (AKA the good punk rock bands ;-) ). The heaviest we would go would be covering some grunge songs like maybe nirvana ( off their bleach album so fairly heavy) and stuff like that. I know that most of the tone comes from the amp soo i was wandering, since im not really gonna have that much money at tops maybe a little over 500 but thats stretching, what would be a cheap and loud tube amp. Ive been looking at the b-52s and although they arent known for great tone, the genres we play can sacrifice a lot in the tone department. I would be willing to go used but im not gonna be able to find anything similar to the twin verbs that most of those bands cranked to get their tone. Also, i want something that can go a little bit into the grunge area and id be willing to get an od wheter its just to boost it or actually add some drive. Another reason i liked the b-52 was because since its soo loud im assuming it has decent head room and i heard the cleans were alright..

Any suggestions

Thanks

Edit: I would be able to mic it for largr venues, but just for band practice and small stages id rather not.
Bugera V22 or V55
Marshall Haze 40
Bugera 1990
Used Peavey Classic 30
Used Peavey Valveking with mods
Vox Night Train
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Save up and get a Blackheart Hot Head
Used Marshall JCM 800 or 900
Used Mesa F series or DC series
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
listen to Raijouta ... he knows

most punk bands i know ( not alot) use Marshalls ... soo try get a used 'un or a PV XXX
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Nov 19, 2009,
I love my B-52. Not the best tone ever, but I certainly enjoy it.
Also agree with Raijouta on:

Used Peavey Classic 30
Vox Night Train
Quote by Raijouta
Bugera V22 or V55
Marshall Haze 40
Bugera 1990
Used Peavey Classic 30
Used Peavey Valveking with mods
Vox Night Train
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

There's your list. Go try 'em.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
k thanks guys! I'll probably try to wade through the zoo they call guitar center this weekend then maybe hit the music go round and try out some used amps. I'll let yo know how it goes and report back with more questions.