I just found a screaming deal on a fender twin deluxe reverb 65' reissue at my LPS. 510$ for an amp thats been played for 3 hours. Looks brand-spankin new to! I just wanted some help on finding a good pedal for myself. I play Megadeth/Nirvana/Metallica and everything inbetween. Im gonna be using that amp. Any suggestions? Oh yea, price budget of under 100$ right now. I was briefly looking at metal muffs just now but I know nothing about them.

Thanks!
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Just from experience, I'd stay away from everything Digitech. Boss makes some okay distortion/OD pedals. If you want really great tone from just the one pedal, you'll probably have to spend more than $100. I'd say make sure you get an amp that has distortion and tone you like, then get pedals to complement it, like delay and whatnot, and pedals that will overdrive the amp.
Quote by tom708
just go try em all out n see what you like best

I wish I could...
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by D&DLover
Just from experience, I'd stay away from everything Digitech. Boss makes some okay distortion/OD pedals. If you want really great tone from just the one pedal, you'll probably have to spend more than $100. I'd say make sure you get an amp that has distortion and tone you like, then get pedals to complement it, like delay and whatnot, and pedals that will overdrive the amp.

Yea I thought about Boss' MT-2 but I listen to it and as far as youtube shows, it sounds really nasaly... I like something just a tiny bit bassier then that.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by D&DLover
Just from experience, I'd stay away from everything Digitech. Boss makes some okay distortion/OD pedals.

Funny, because the new Hardwire series shits all over anything BOSS currently makes.

I say look into the Hardwire TL-2. Maybe save your money some more and get a Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 or a Radial Tonebone Hot British.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Look into the Blackstar pedals. Especially the Dist or DistX for the higher gain stuff. Or perhaps an OD to push the distortion channel?
mmmmm change your amp, or buy an amp modeler, but that's not in the 100 dollars range
even with a good pedal pushing the front end of that amp, i dont think its what youll be expecting when you try to push for that megadeth/metallica sound...nirvana it could hit fine without a pedal, but it is defintiely not a high gain amp, and has some trouble reaching that territory. i have a twin reverb and i tried all i could, even mods to the amp itself, to hit that high gain with no avail
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Raijouta
Funny, because the new Hardwire series shits all over anything BOSS currently makes.

I say look into the Hardwire TL-2. Maybe save your money some more and get a Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2 or a Radial Tonebone Hot British.

Really? I may have to check them out, then. I have not heard the Hardwire series yet

And yes, the MT-2 pedal is pretty nasally. The only Boss I can use are some of the OD pedals.
Quote by htsktim91989
even with a good pedal pushing the front end of that amp, i dont think its what youll be expecting when you try to push for that megadeth/metallica sound...nirvana it could hit fine without a pedal, but it is defintiely not a high gain amp, and has some trouble reaching that territory. i have a twin reverb and i tried all i could, even mods to the amp itself, to hit that high gain with no avail

Nooooooo! Thats exactly what I didnt wanna hear... Well I just thought this was an amazing deal since its 800$ off... Well I cant change my amp and I have no more then 100$ for a pedal right now. So what can I do? Anything even close?
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
It is an amazing deal if cleans are your primary concern.

I think you'd be fine if you could try it with a pedal and see if you're satisfied.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It is an amazing deal if cleans are your primary concern.

I think you'd be fine if you could try it with a pedal and see if you're satisfied.

Yea it kinda goes 50/50 for me. I use both equally as much and from what Ive heard from some of the more experienced, Fender twin reverbs have some of the best cleans. I listened to it a bit myself and I love the cleans so no changing my mind on the amp for now! =] Plus I already put a bunch of money down on it so no one can buy it before me. =p
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
For under a hundred... a Digitech Hardwire... I think the Tube Overdrive and the Metal Distortion are pretty good.

The Keeley or Monte Allums modded DS1 or MT2 would be good. If you can bump the budget up somewhat.

If you're looking for something nicer... a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I agree with the GT2. That should work pretty well for you
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet