I usually do, but as a joke. I'm at a new school this year where nobody knows me, so no one expects me to play. This is my application this year.

Any stories from you guys?

I just realized i didnt shoop out my school name in the paragraph at the bottom. Whatever, no big deal.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
I played, people cheered, 2 weeks later they all forgot.

End of story.

I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Misticalz
I played, people cheered, 2 weeks later they all forgot.
End of story.

Yeah that happened to me last year. The one year i was serious about my performance...
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
I'm playing at a Christmas concert with a couple friends
We're covering Let It Be and Come Together. Should be okay if we can get a better singer.
Quote by migueltherocker
Yeah that happened to me last year. The one year i was serious about my performance...

To be honest, unless you play something incredibly catchy rhythm and melody wise, an overplayed mainstream song (a rock version possibly) or a really fast shred song you can't really leave a lasting impression at the kids at my school, but it's good practice to get used to a crowd.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

no because someone in my grade started air humping and brought it to a complete halt a few years ago.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
I played last year in my band. We played our rock version of "I'm Yours" and won

...we were also down our lead player. T'was quite awesome.
Quote by AreaMan
I played last year in my band. We played our rock version of "I'm Yours" and won

...we were also down our lead player. T'was quite awesome.

Yeah i failed completely last year coz my amp blew 20 minutes before the show, i had to use some kid's 30W Marshall MG. He left the flanger on, and i didn't realise till i was already playing. I couldn't stop the song coz we were the last band and they were rushing us coz they had to finish the show. So the flanger completely ruined my part of it, and the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE wasn't so great. Our singer was sick and could barely sing, and the bass was louder than the guitar. Overall, it was pretty bad. People cheered, but that's just coz they were amazed by the simple solo. What they could hear of it, anyway.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
My school cut out our talent show because it didn't make enough money off of it..pretty gay..
XBL? Add me: RenegadeSynxx
Quote by QuestionSleepZ?
My school cut out our talent show because it didn't make enough money off of it..pretty gay..

Really? Our talent shows are free. Did the performers get paid?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
TS! You will need one of these!
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Le_Bunny
Of course they do haven't you seen all the "What should I play for the school talent show" threads? And do something original, don't be a tryhard with that pokèmon bullshit it's too predictable.
*Looks at quote in sig*
Our talent show was canceled because not enough people signed up. However, we will be playing at the school's annual music performance thing for bands.
Yes. Ours is January 21st and I'm playing in four bands.

Tip of the day: Being a serious bassist helps you get into a lot of bands. Whether or not they're serious bands has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I played on a talent show in year 11 at school as a bet (i won 20 bucks =]), myself (bassist) a guitarist, drummer and vocalist all played improvised death metal, just name a few scales before hand and a time signature and you'll be sweat. We also won, but it was only 15 dollar vouchers each.
Our school tried a High School Talent Show last year but no one signed up so it got cancelled. The Middle School has one on the last day of school every year which I run the sound board for. Also when I was in middle school like 4 years ago or so, a band that is now seperated played and the bassist's amp fired during the show. They then sold one of their friends Micheal Jackson jacket for $30 for an amp fund.
Got to see RUSH at Summerfest '10!
I've played in the two talent shows my high school had, the first time by myself and the last one in a band. Everyone thought the performances were awesome and I sorta became a big deal at my high school as a guitar player (I went to a very small high school though, so its nothing that impressive). They were pretty average performances too, nothing extremely difficult. High school crowds are real easy to impress.
Quote by migueltherocker
Really? Our talent shows are free. Did the performers get paid?

If you won, you got a small sum of money(<$50), but they charged admission and also the performers had to pay an entry fee.
XBL? Add me: RenegadeSynxx
Quote by Psycroptipath
you'll be sweat.
-Chick Corea
I did an incredibly loud version of ghostbusters with my friend that included all of the following instruments:
Bass
keyboards
Mandolin
Guitar
Violin

It was awesome. We're following it up next semester with "Ice Ice baby"
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
I did an incredibly loud version of ghostbusters with my friend that included all of the following instruments:
Bass
keyboards
Mandolin
Guitar
Violin

It was awesome. We're following it up next semester with "Ice Ice baby"
Haha nice. Last year I played with a band who did "Dammit" by Blink-182 except with Ice Ice Baby replacing the bridge, and then "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry.
-Chick Corea
me and my friend(both guys)are planning to play paramore acoustically this year so im pretty sure we're gonna win
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yeah, the movie was complete tat.

Avoid, unless you enjoy ruining things that you enjoy.

You can call me Cam, Cameron, or any other variation
Mortal Enemies with Primus2112
And everybody's singin'la, la la la, la la la