makes you wonder why they don't offer you a service where you can upload your own photo
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
makes you wonder why they don't offer you a service where you can upload your own photo

in this case the guitar would cost quite a bit more than $119. you can't mass produce guitars with custom options like that.
Quote by haz_uk
in this case the guitar would cost quite a bit more than $119. you can't mass produce guitars with custom options like that.

"They" doesn't have to be SX, "they" could be any builder. Wonder why no body is offering that, not even the big custom shops, e.g., ESP, Fender, Schecter, Manson, Jackson.

Of course even though they'll charge from $3,000 - $15,000+ plus for your custom, it probably still wouldn't be cost effective for them to get that machine. Plus they'll already put any regular graphic on it you want, and if you just want a pretty wood look, they can do it for real for those prices without having to lay down that capital investment.
they can do your photos on cakes though, so i'd say it's about time for a photo guitar of someone's big ugly face.
guitar
amp

some pedals
Quote by jetwash69
"They" doesn't have to be SX, "they" could be any builder.

Quote by haz_uk

yeah...
I think photo tops look actually better than the real deal a lot of the time the grain looks more consistent but it is still fake. Depending on what wood they use it really doesn't take anything away or add from the tone.

Peavey's custom shop will put anything on a guitar you want.

http://www.peavey.com/products/custom.cfm

John
Quote by johnro6659
I think photo tops look actually better than the real deal a lot of the time the grain looks more consistent but it is still fake. Depending on what wood they use it really doesn't take anything away or add from the tone.

John

Guess eventually they'll all be doing it. In the meantime, that's not all that much diffent than those guitar wraps. You get anything you want printed on those and It'll cost a lot less then $2,000.
Its just a pretty sticker. But for 120$ guitar hard to expect an actual quilted maple top. Considering that most places selling book matched quilted maple for use as a guitar top will get 120$ just for the maple. You really have to pay some money if you want a guitar with an actual maple top vs a thin veneer. For it to do anything tonally it has to have some thickness 1/4 probably more. Anything else is just for looks.
The first JEM Floral Prints actually used his actual curtains' fabric like the phototop. But the thing is that when you're going custom, they can put whatever you want on the guitar. If you want a graphic, why opt for a photo top when you can have them actually paint it?
Quote by johnro6659

John

Holy......

I'm getting a custom guitar with a picture of my amp on it
I hate my sig