I'm looking at getting a new guitar on black friday. I've been playing for a little over two and a half years and play mostly metal. Right now I'm playing a Kort X-2 and want a step up from that.

I'm looking at an Ibanez GAX70, I've heard good things in reviews but don't know what they were comparing it to. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
I may be able to pay a bit more if it's a great deal.

EDIT:@Soulsablaze: The only jacksons at that price said entry level. Would that still be good for me? I'm more of an intermediate level.
Last edited by Kioshi at Nov 19, 2009,
Look for a used guitar. I have scored dozens of very good guitars on Craig's List for as low as $90.00 that was worth $250.00+, several for $100.00 that new sold for $500.00 or more and two that I paid $200.00 for that new went for a grand. The good thing is there are lots of Ibanez guitars that sell very low on Craig's List.

John
Buy a used guitar.
I don't want to be rude but, after 2 and half year of playing I would have saved some money to buy myself something better, no?

Anywayz, I'd save for a good guitar but it's your choice....

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
really recommend you save up at least another hundred if you want a decent mid-range guitar. Most, if not ALL 200 dollar guitars are made in china.
The GAX70 was actually my first guitar lol it came in one of those beginner package deals. Not a bad guitar, but you want a better one if it's gonna be your second guitar. If you can, get a rg350dx. Really great guitar for the price IMO and only around 400$ new. So get it used if you can. Otherwise, just wait until you have the money.
Unless your buying the guitar to mod then i suggest you should double your budget... If your not a beginner then don't buy a beginner guitar... Because you will have the skills to appreciate a more expensive guitar.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I geuss I should wait. I got a %15 discount at Guitar Center on black friday and got a little... optimistic. Thanks for the help anyways.
Quote by Kioshi
I geuss I should wait. I got a %15 discount at Guitar Center on black friday and got a little... optimistic. Thanks for the help anyways.

I would still go down there then ... You might find something that you like for a decent price.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

My 10-year-old son plays an Ibanez GAX70. It's a very good value IMO. We recently upgraded it with new, hotter pickups from GFS and added new pots, wiring, 3-way switch, and coil splitters. It sounds really nice.

Here are 2 links to YouTube videos featuring him and his GAX70 from last year.

Nirvana Cover, GAX70 w/ Orange Tiny Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWfI1c4OzM

"Lake of Fire" jam, GAX70 w/ MicroCube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49N4bBnijSs
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Nov 20, 2009,