Page 1 of 2
Background: I ran away from hom 3 months ago and came back after a month of couch surfing.

yesterday: prosecuting attorney calls and say hes going to charge me with runaway even tho im only a month and a half away from trning 18

Today: the bastard calls again saying if i plead guilty he will give me
-30 days in jail suspended (meaning i wont have to go unless i follow his rules)
-35 hours of community service
-a supervised job search (meaning i have to show him proof that i am turning in job applications every week)
-2 years of supervised probation (meaning i gotta take piss tests)

OR... I could plead not guilty go to court and risk getting a heavier punishment. but i could also get off scot free.

OR... i could plead guilty, go to jail for 30 days and not have to do probation or community service.

quite frankly i see this whole thing as bullshit since i turn 18 in january and if i do go to court the court date would be a few days after my birthday.

what do you guys think i should do? I honestly dont know what i think is best
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
I think this whole thing is bullshit, quite frankly.

doucwutididthar
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Sucks man. I'd say the final option. I'm betting you regret running away now, am I right?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
the attorney told me if i go to court, the judge could either

1.throw the case out
2. find me guilty but give me a really easy punishment
3. find me guilty and give me a harsher punishment because he had a bad day.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by eL SeaweeD
Background: I ran away from hom 3 months ago and came back after a month of couch surfing.

Well thats your problem right there
Wait, you can be tried for running away?
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Well, I'd personally do not guilty and if you could get your parents to vouch for you, then you'd probably get out of it fine. but idk. thats just me.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Plead guilty. Jails full. 30 days are suspended. Fuck prosecutors wife. Take pictures. Show judge.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by faint_spirit
Wait, you can be tried for running away?

in idaho runaway is against the law. Just more evidence to show that idaho is the most backward republican redneck state in the country

Quote by Stoner stone
Well, I'd personally do not guilty and if you could get your parents to vouch for you, then you'd probably get out of it fine. but idk. thats just me.

whats ****ed is that my parents are the ones that tuned me in then called the prosecuter and ask that charges be filed.

I just feel really attacked because he had 2 whole months to pin this shit on me and he decides to spring this on me now.

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Last edited by eL SeaweeD at Nov 19, 2009,
Plea bargain with them. Say you will plead guilty if they give you a time machine. Then use that time machine to go back in time and DON'T run away from home. Its genius, or at least as smart as you must have been to run away in the first place.
Quote by eL SeaweeD

yesterday: prosecuting attorney calls and say hes going to charge me with runaway even tho im only a month and a half away from trning 18

Today: the bastard calls again saying if i plead guilty he will give me
-30 days in jail suspended (meaning i wont have to go unless i follow his rules)
-35 hours of community service
-a supervised job search (meaning i have to show him proof that i am turning in job applications every week)
-2 years of supervised probation (meaning i gotta take piss tests)

OR... I could plead not guilty go to court and risk getting a heavier punishment. but i could also get off scot free.

OR... i could plead guilty, go to jail for 30 days and not have to do probation or community service.

quite frankly i see this whole thing as bullshit since i turn 18 in january and if i do go to court the court date would be a few days after my birthday.

what do you guys think i should do? I honestly dont know what i think is best

but you arn't 18 yet ...it doesnt matter how close you are to it

plead guilty, do the 30 days then when you are out you'll be 18 and you can get outta there
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Just go to jail and get released early for good behavior.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I am not an attorney, but...

Who is prosecuting you? Your parents? If so, talk to them and you can probably work something out.

If its the state that's prosecuting you, that's ****ed up. Who are they to press charges against you for running away?

Also, if you can make a speech to give in court to the judge that has the perfect blend of ethos, logos and pathos, you should be able to get the judge to throw the case out, especially since you're so close to 18.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
If you plead guilty, you can avoid jail with community service and the other things? Do that. Jail is the opposite of what you want. I don't understand how you can plead not guilty to running away.
Quote by Stick40
Well thats your problem right there
+1.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by divinecrossfire
I am not an attorney, but...

Who is prosecuting you? Your parents? If so, talk to them and you can probably work something out.

If its the state that's prosecuting you, that's ****ed up. Who are they to press charges against you for running away?

Also, if you can make a speech to give in court to the judge that has the perfect blend of ethos, logos and pathos, you should be able to get the judge to throw the case out, especially since you're so close to 18.

its the state thats charging me, but my parents are the ones that asked that they do.

Barry (the prosecuter) is bitter because ive gotten off scot free the last 2 times i got in legal trouble and now he is bitter.

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by D&DLover
I don't understand how you can plead not guilty to running away.

because i could say that they told me to leave and then called the police when i left. its actually quite common around here.

doing so would create a whole bunch of red tape that no self respecting judge would want to deal with and he might if hes in a good mood throw the case out.

-Dr. Timothy Leary
That'll teach you for trying to leave the home!

Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by eL SeaweeD
because i could say that they told me to leave and then called the police when i left. its actually quite common around here.

doing so would create a whole bunch of red tape that no self respecting judge would want to deal with and he might if hes in a good mood throw the case out.

Ahh I see. If he's in a bad mood or is a good judge, he may listen to your parents and the prosecutor instead of trusting your word. That'd be the problem.
shouldn;t have been a lil beitch and ran away in the first place... grow up dude
Quote by mooney99
shouldn;t have been a lil beitch and ran away in the first place... grow up dude

I realize that now. It was a kinda spurr of the moment thing. i snuck out one night had a blast and didnt show back up for a month.

It wasnt like i ran away to get away from my parents cuz they wouldnt spoil me. I was just having a lot more fun with my friends than i did sitting at home everyday.

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Last edited by eL SeaweeD at Nov 19, 2009,
30 days in jail, for sure, then its all done and over with. Besides, its only 30 days, that means it will be county, county is nothing, full of drunk drivers and pot dealers. You wont get a murderer or a rapist for a celly in county.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
How about the supervised job search? Getting a job doesn't sound like a punishment at all...
It's bad times when people can't even run away from their own home without getting jailed.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
why does he give a **** that you ran away?

My Advice: DON'T DROP THE SOAP

Quote by avenged_7_fold
30 days in jail, for sure, then its all done and over with. Besides, its only 30 days, that means it will be county, county is nothing, full of drunk drivers and pot dealers. You wont get a murderer or a rapist for a celly in county.

just cuz its county doesnt mean tht pot dealers and alcoholics won't try to rape him in the shower.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Last edited by vanhailin at Nov 19, 2009,
You chose to act like a spastic, take responsibility for your actions and do your time, it's all part of growing up mate (this is coming from someone who did stupid shit and got in trouble as a teen, by the way).
My suggestion would be the suspended sentence with the conditions.
Dude, just leave Idaho, if my parents stuck the courts on me I would say "**** you" and never talk to them again.
Quote by eL SeaweeD

This is the best option. His conditions are stupid.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by vanhailin

just cuz its county doesnt mean tht pot dealers and alcoholics won't try to rape him in the shower.

Well maybe it's different there, but were I am, I went to county for 7 months for assault with a deadly weapon, and I was the most hardcore guy there.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Wtf kind of retarded ass country would allow this to happen.
Possibly the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my entire life.

Kid is getting raped by father - Runs away from home - Court sends kid to jail >.>
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Do you not have some kind of, idk, DEFENSE ATTORNEY who might know slightly more than the Pit about these things?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

its just county its not like its gunna be full of buttpirates. just a buncha other people in there for stupid shit. at least... i hope not

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Quote by eL SeaweeD
its just county its not like its gunna be full of buttpirates. just a buncha other people in there for stupid shit. at least... i hope not

If I look back to when I was 18... granted I'm in Australia and the age for alcohol is 18 not 21, I would gladly take a 30 day sentence in juvy to escape not being able to consume any alcohol or other substance for 2 fucking years.

Edit: Oh, and I would gladly support an 18 year old to make that decision
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
get a chainsaw and massacre everybody
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Page 1 of 2