People would still drive through them, and pedestrians would feel false safety walking next to a "wall".
But still, pretty cool idea.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Those things are pretty expensive, I'd imagine, and I also see them getting hit a shit load of times. Nevertheless, that's crazy.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
That's awesome!!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
And you don't think people are gonna mess with the lasers?
No means maybe
I love the shooped-in car in the picture that's smaller than the woman standing on the corner.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Okay now if the laser wall cut you into pieces if you drove through it it would only take like 3000 accidents for people to realize what happens.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
When we begin construction on the moon, these will be implemented everywhere under punishment of catapult.
Quote by sneyob
People would still drive through them, and pedestrians would feel false safety walking next to a "wall".
You're much less likely to drive through something like that, and pedestrians can see the cars through the lasers. I imagine this could save a lot of lives.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Worst. Photoshopping. Ever.

The guy who did that should never be allowed to touch the program again, heck, I could've done better in paint for cryin out loud!
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by sneyob

Correction, dumb teenage girls texting on their mobile phones while at the same time changing a song on their mp3 player would drive through them.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Correction, dumb teenage girls texting on their mobile phones while at the same time changing a song on their mp3 player would drive through them.

Well regardless whether the wall is there or not, you're getting hit.
No means maybe
Quote by Empty Box
Worst. Photoshopping. Ever.

The guy who did that should never be allowed to touch the program again, heck, I could've done better in paint for cryin out loud!

Let's see it, then.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Looks cool.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Let's see it, then.

I'll get right to it when I'm finished with much more pressing projects. Mark my words, I will get to it!

I mean, cmon, those cars are no where even near in the correct perspective. Of all the pictures of cars in the world, they couldn't find just one that was right? Heck, they couldn't go outside and take a picture?
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

This won't work out too well. It's a cool visual concept and it may work for some drivers, but a speeding driver isn't going to swerve any differently if there were baby kittens in front. It's not like they hit people on purpose and the walls will make it scary to do so. That's why they are called "accidents".
The visual concept is nice, again. Maybe one random area in new york should have them and that's that: Just as sort of a city landmark. Like that one street somewhere that played a different song if you were at the right speed or if you were too fast.
Quote by sglover34479
http://www.toxel.com/tech/2009/11/18/innovative-laser-crosswalk-concept/

It's just a design as far as I can tell, but it looks pretty awesome.
They're using the goddamned lasers wrong.

Don't project an image with them.
Use high powered lasers to define the border of the crosswalk area.
If a driver tries to enter the crosswalk area while the light is red, the lasers cut his friggin car in half.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
They're using the goddamned lasers wrong.

Don't project an image with them.
Use high powered lasers to define the border of the crosswalk area.
If a driver tries to enter the crosswalk area while the light is red, the lasers cut his friggin car in half.

This

But I can bet my life savings that eventually someone will crash and knock the one post that's in the middle of the road over.

so either way it's an added driving hazard. =P