Page 1 of 2
Once Halloween is over, people pretty much go directly to Christmas.

Is Thanksgiving even considered a major holiday anymore?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No, because most people don't even celebrate it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I disagree. Everyone I know gets amped about that shit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Total disagree. It just isn't as much of a festive holiday. Its a somewhat traditional togetherness holiday.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yeah, Americans love it. An excuse to eat too much, get drunk, and watch football? Too good to pass up.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
i love thanksgiving
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
People on UG are psyched for Christmas, but all of my friends IRL are excited about Thanksgiving. Yes I realize I have a Christmas themed avatar.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
Yeah, Americans love it. An excuse to eat too much, get drunk, and watch football? Too good to pass up.

Exactly.

Except we have to watch the Lions and the Cowboys. Meh, its still football
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
The only reason Thanksgiving isn't recognized is because its not a consumer-driven holiday (unlike both Halloween and Christmas) so most major businesses skip over its festivities altogether.

[EDIT] That being said, its a huge celebration among most families in the midwest, as far as I can tell.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG1570
- Dimarzio Air Norton and D-Sonic
Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition
Peavey Valveking
Roland Cube 60
Digitech Bad Monkey OD
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
Last edited by Hamburglekins at Nov 20, 2009,
I don't know anyone who doesn't celebrate it, even my friends who live on the other side of the country from their families usually end up eating thanksgiving dinner with someone.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Natrone
Exactly.

Except we have to watch the Lions and the Cowboys. Meh, its still football

Even better. I hate the Lions. And they suck.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
I was actually considering making a thread about thanksgiving. Now you ruined it.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Is thanksgiving only an American thing or do they celebrate it in canada as well?
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Tire Me.
Every couple years my birthday falls on thanksgiving....

I approve.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Tire Me.
Every couple years my birthday falls on thanksgiving....

At least you don't get the Christmas jip like I do. "That's an expensive gift, so it counts as both your birthday and Christmas present." **** YOUUUU PARENT!!
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
You must be an anorexic kid.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by pbiggie
Is thanksgiving only an American thing or do they celebrate it in canada as well?

In Grenada there is a national holiday of Thanksgiving Day on 25 October. It is unrelated to holidays in Canada and the United States even though it bears the same name and occurs around the same time. It marks the anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of the island in 1983 in response to the deposition and execution of Grenadan Prime Minister Maurice Bishop.

A Thanksgiving Day service is held in Hooglandse Kerk (Netherlands) to commemorate the hospitality the Pilgrims received in Leiden on their way to the New World.
stores don't make money off thanksgiving, therefore they don't go out of their way to promote it
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by Momentosis

Is Thanksgiving even considered a major holiday anymore?

i love turkey day!
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. it just gets overshadowed by christmas' month and a half prehype.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I see it as a good way for women to get some practice in for Christmas dinner.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Well, it's still pretty big, as it's celebrated by the masses still. It's just not advertised as much as Christmas. If you think about it, it's not really an advertisment kind of holiday, as it's about just getting together, giving thanks and pigging out.
I care about Thanksgiving. For me it goes together with Christmas.
It's like...once October hits, it's a big multiple orgasm of holidays.

:|
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by pbiggie

Yeah we have it in Canada, ours is alot earlier though, we have it on October 10th instead of after halloween.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by kyle100
Yeah we have it in Canada, ours is alot earlier though, we have it on October 10th instead of after halloween.

Yep. We get turkey (thanksgiving), then candy (halloween), then turkey and presents (Christmas)....then alcohol (New Years).
I don't give a toss about Thanksgiving. The food is boring and gross. Turkey has virtually no taste, and it leaves a disgusting aftertaste. That's all Thanksgiving is really... food. So **** it.

I really don't give a shit about things that happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago, so I don't really care about the meaning of it. Pilgrims and indians, whatever... don't care.

I'm an Atheist, so, who am I supposed to give thanks to? My worldview and system of beliefs kind of rob Thanksgiving of any validity.
Last edited by nincompoop at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

Pretty much this.

Plus I get to see some of my family members that I don't see too often.
To me Halloween feels more insignificant than Thanksgiving.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I still celebrate Thanksgiving as "that day Aunt Kerri lit her hair on fire." BEST HOLIDAY EVER.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by nincompoop
I don't give a toss about Thanksgiving. The food is boring and gross. Turkey has virtually no taste, and it leaves a disgusting aftertaste. That's all Thanksgiving is really... food. So **** it.

You have to suffocate it in gravy. Everything tastes better smothered in gravy.
Everyone I know celebrates Thanksgiving.

Who WOULDN'T want to celebrate a holiday where you get to eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat?
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

Who could resist?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by nincompoop

I really don't give a shit about things that happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago, so I don't really care about the meaning of it. Pilgrims and indians, whatever... don't care.

I'm an Atheist, so, who am I supposed to give thanks to? My worldview and system of beliefs kind of rob Thanksgiving of any validity.

wow, you are so cool, wish I was as deep and smart as you...its a tradition, getting together with family, food is secondary. Religion plays no part in our Thanksgiving.
Page 1 of 2