My brother, a person who thinks he knows it all, has always stated to me that you can't learn to play guitar from the computer. With that said.....

I was over at my brothers house today, he just got another new electric guitar ( a Fender, but I am unsure what model, not very knowledgeable about models and such). He wanted to play me a song that he wrote for his daughter's (my next to youngest niece) up and coming wedding in a few months. So while he went to get his new guitar to hook it up, I grabbed one of his other ones and hooked it up, before I could play anything he was back and hooking his new one up. Well I instantly recognized the chord and root note. So I started playing a lead using the minor pentatonic to the song he wrote without ever having heard the song before. He was amazed and has finally admitted to me that I am a much better and more advanced player them him (he's been playing for about 2 or 3 years).

Not that I am an advanced player or even consider myself one, because I am not nor do I consider myself as such. It was just good to finally be better at something than him and to have him admit it to me.
Cool story brah
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Yeah, good for you. I don't really know of any conversation that can ensue from this.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Nice, I love moments with the guitar that just make you feel "awwwww yeahhhhh"

I haven't had one in ages.
There's a storytime thread in the bandleading forum.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud