Page 1 of 2
What would said concept be?

Mine would be about a guy who treats his friends and family like shit because all he really cares about is himself. He walks all over everyone who cares about him and really only takes an interest in what they're doing when it affects him. One night he dreams he dies. When he wakes up, he's in hell. After being roughed up a bit, he is attacked by a demon who possesses him and returns him to the real world, using his physical form as a vessel to get from hell to the world of the living.

The demon sporadically repossesses the character and begins killing off all of the people who cared about him, which forces him to realize how much he took them for granted. At that point, it becomes an internal struggle between the character and the demon for control of the character's body. I don't really have an ending worked out for it, but it'd probably involve jumping off of something high.
About how much I love concept albums.
That's actually pretty cool
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Nov 20, 2009,
i would do it about a guy who has a bunch of shitty stuff happen to him, and he eventually tries to kill himself, only he ends up in a coma for 40 years where he's shown hundreds of different lives and universes and when he wakes up from the coma he kills himself.
You have way too much free time. I'd probably write one about one of my girlfriend's stories or poems. She writes some ****ed up stuff sometimes.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
A tortoise that does nothing out of the ordinary.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
probably an allegory based on my own psychological discoverings and hardships.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
the mathematician who accidentally destroys the earth by creating a fucked up equation, sending everyone to an alternate demension
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
The first disc about power
The second disc about seduction
The third disc about war

O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Genre: Post Metal, a la Pelican, Intronaut, Russian Circles, Red Sparowes, early ISIS.

All instrumental (or at least 99% of the time).

Concept: A musical retelling of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Basically, each song would cover/recreate/reimagine a song from the movie, and place them chronologically, like in the movie. These would all be post metal, as I said before, and the main goal would be to have the feel of the Wonka world, but still have that slightly downtempo post metal vibe.

Sounds kind of weird, but I've been throwing around that "musical retelling/reimagining" idea for a while.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Mine would be about the son of a god born in to human incarnate form; as the last resort of a war god, during a war of the gods that occurs every 1000 years, kind of like Ragnarok. The son would grow up over the course of time, and eventually realize his power, and have to come to grips with it. Eventually, he would have to face the choice of following in the footsteps of his father, and using an ancient ritual that only he knows, to bring the gods back to their rightful place, or utilize his powers for evil and in the end enslave the human race. Ultimately, he would choose the former, and the realms of the gods would be restored back to their rightful form, and he would take the place as the price of the kingdom. The setting would be in an 1800s style setting.
Last edited by Faded Grey at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by whalepudding
A tortoise that does nothing out of the ordinary.

Good God man, this is brilliant. Tortoise can live over a hundred years! That's a profusion of absolutely ordinary things to write about.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by mental_zer0
i would do it about a guy who has a bunch of shitty stuff happen to him, and he eventually tries to kill himself, only he ends up in a coma for 40 years where he's shown hundreds of different lives and universes and when he wakes up from the coma he kills himself.

the human equation, bro.
Quote by fallenangel20
Genre: Post Metal, a la Pelican, Intronaut, Russian Circles, Red Sparowes, early ISIS.

Basically, each song would cover/recreate/reimagine a song from the movie, and place them chronologically, like in the movie. These would all be post metal, as I said before, and the main goal would be to have the feel of the Wonka world, but still have that slightly downtempo post metal vibe.

Sounds kind of weird, but I've been throwing around that "musical retelling/reimagining" idea for a while.

I was expecting many shitty concepts.

Thank you for defying my expectations.

I would buy that album.
Quote by mental_zer0
well i've never heard of that, but that doesn't look that similar.

for example

he doesn't kill himself after it all.

Listen to The Human Equation anyway.

Actually listen to all Ayreon. It's like concept album heaven.
What about a concept album based around "1984"? I could seriously see that being a most legit peice of prog.
Quote by Minkaro
Listen to The Human Equation anyway.

Actually listen to all Ayreon. It's like concept album heaven.

this man is correct, it's like a concept band because each concept album relates to all the others and it's all part of one big concept
I would probably write a 6-song EP set to the mood of natural disasters/phenomenons.
And the last song on the CD would be a recording of 6 natural disasters happening apart from each other and when play over the first 5 songs would fit into the events/changes of the song.

EDIT:Mostly instrumental.
Last edited by StringAssassin at Nov 20, 2009,
A sociopathic, deranged murderer wakes up in a hellish, twisted world (think Alice in Wonderland if Poe and Stephen King co-authored it), where he has to come to a realization about his actions and find a way to redeem himself.

That's the basic premise of it. I could give a listing of the story and the songs track-by-track, but they're on my other computer, and it's too late at night for me to be bothered to run upstairs and get the files. I've been working on them and recording for a while.
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.
Quote by Tire Me.
I was expecting many shitty concepts.

Thank you for defying my expectations.

I would buy that album.

Saxo-Walrus

The Galen Marek Epic from the Star Wars Genus. I'd split the story into three albums:

Starkiller: Disciple of the Blade
Starkiller 2: Rahm Kota
Starkiller 3: Rebellion
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
I would too, Fallen. Also, I think that a 20th century classical style album with elements of Broadway style musicals (in the form of the characters/singers) based on The Fountainhead would be amazing.
i was writing one about a guy who was trapped in the walls of a house and still led a semi-normal life. then he fell in love with a single girl who lived in the house and they talked through the walls and stuff.

then one day the house burns down, the girl survives, and the guy is free. but then he realizes that he preferred it inside the walls. i never figured out how to end it though.
Space travel, meeting new life forms and entering new dimensions
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by mental_zer0
i was writing one about a guy who was trapped in the walls of a house and still led a semi-normal life. then he fell in love with a single girl who lived in the house and they talked through the walls and stuff.

then one day the house burns down, the girl survives, and the guy is free. but then he realizes that he preferred it inside the walls. i never figured out how to end it though.

Sounds like a good Minus the Bear-esque indie rock album. Maybe some elements of The Flaming Lips, and some Panic! at the Disco (as in "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" sound. That faux Broadway rock type sound they had).

I like it.

Saxo-Walrus

If you end it with suicide, I'll tease you about the cliche ending. And then say, "The Mars Volta did it first." And then tease Cedric about the cliche ending.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Bobsam3
Space travel, meeting new life forms and entering new dimensions

I'm pretty sure Faust already did that multiple times over.

Saxo-Walrus

Has anyone ever read "Sophie's World" by Jostein Gaarter?

It's a really trippy book about a girl who discovers that she only exists as a character in a story written by a man who exists in an alternate reality, i.e. "Our world." And about how she tries to escape from the control of the author, who dictates everything she does.

Anyway, it would be based in that, and I guess it would have 2 discs, one for each of the dual realities in the book. And each of the discs would be a totally different genre from the other, like having the girl's disc be really hyperactive pop-punk, and the author's disc be progressive metal. or something like that. .
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Last edited by E_squared at Nov 20, 2009,
My band was working on one about the zombie apocalypse, but as we wrote more songs we decided to take it more seriously
Gear:

Epiphone 1966 Ltd. SG
Epiphone SG G-400 (RIP)
Yamaha C310P
Kustom Quad DFX100
Roland Microcube (... I use it as an ipod speaker now XD)
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor
Boss Md-2 Mega distortion
Boss Dn-2 Dyna Drive
Vox V847 Wah
i had one more about a family growing up in a hall of mirrors.

don't remember where i was going with that one though

:/
Quote by madbasslover
What would said concept be?

Mine would be about a guy who treats his friends and family like shit because all he really cares about is himself. He walks all over everyone who cares about him and really only takes an interest in what they're doing when it affects him. One night he dreams he dies. When he wakes up, he's in hell. After being roughed up a bit, he is attacked by a demon who possesses him and returns him to the real world, using his physical form as a vessel to get from hell to the world of the living.

The demon sporadically repossesses the character and begins killing off all of the people who cared about him, which forces him to realize how much he took them for granted. At that point, it becomes an internal struggle between the character and the demon for control of the character's body. I don't really have an ending worked out for it, but it'd probably involve jumping off of something high.

too late

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Downward_Spiral
Quote by sluffinator
My band was working on one about the zombie apocalypse, but as we wrote more songs we decided to take it more seriously

Wow, I could seriously see that as an aweesome concept for a tech death album.
Quote by fallenangel20

IDEA THIEF!!!

Except mine wouldn't be metal; it would be post punk in vein of Fugazi, Archers of Loaf, and the Jesus Lizard. And it wouldn't be instrumental. And it would sink up with the movie like that one Pink Floyd album and the Wizard of Oz. Except my music wouldn't suck.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2