I've been looking at this amp for a while, after messing around with a stack version I decided it's probably cheaper and more efficient for me to get the combo counterpart. I haven't had a chance to try it out for too long, but it seems like it's a pretty good buy based on the reviews I've read and what I've read about it.

But I trust this community and it's opinions, so what does anyone here have to say about it?
Yay or nay?

I'm also open to suggestions for other amps, preferably the $5-700 range is ideal.

So, let 'er rip!
What do you play? (Specific examples)
Do you gig?
Do you have some sort of technical knowledge?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well, personally, I've been dreaming of buying that amp one day

From the minimal research I did a few months ago, it appeared to be the kind of amp you could really settle with for a while

BUT I have heard about some weaknesses in it, I think a lot of people complained that something in it got busted quite quickly, but you get that with everything electronic these days

I say yay
Sorry, I completely forgot to include that info for some reason. Well...

I play mostly metal. Things like Metallica, Megadeth and other thrash bands. As well as bands like Sabbath, Judas Priest and Motorhead. Other than metal I play things like Punk. Offspring, Nirvana (Grunge, whatever). Plain ol' rock. As well as bands like Godsmack, Alice In Chains, Clutch etc. So I'm a heavy, explosive, fast kinda music guy. But I like to dabble in other genres as well. But obviously that's not the primary concern.

And also, I don't gig currently. Not consistently. But I have and will be in the future. And perhaps recording. Sorr again for forgetting that, haha. I guess I just wanted to get it posted.
They're extremely unreliable... But they sound great.

If you can get a tech to go through it and fix everything, or do it yourself, it should be pretty solid.

However, for the price... you could just buy the Peavey it clones used and not have to go through the hassle
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd probably do for the 6260 or 6262 in your situation. Just make sure you know that there are potential problems and read BeerChurch's blog on Bugeras. You might want to look at the new 6505 1X12 as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
So would it be worth getting the 6260 or 6262 over the 333xl then? I'll have to look into those two and see what they sound like and everything. Would it be a waste, though, if I got the 333xl or would it be a solid choice?
Quote by mmolteratx
I'd probably do for the 6260 or 6262 in your situation. Just make sure you know that there are potential problems and read BeerChurch's blog on Bugeras. You might want to look at the new 6505 1X12 as well.

If the heaviest he plays is Godsmack, then going for the 62** series won't be worth it. The 333XL is better voiced for the Thrash and Hard-Rock TS plays.

TS, if you think you'd like to play heavier stuff like In Flames, Children of Bodom, or Metalcore of any kind, then I'd look at the 62** series, otherwise, don't bother.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
They sound pretty wicked, but you should make sure everything is soldered correctly etc because, they are extremely unreliable.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
If the heaviest he plays is Godsmack, then going for the 62** series won't be worth it. The 333XL is better voiced for the Thrash and Hard-Rock TS plays.

TS, if you think you'd like to play heavier stuff like In Flames, Children of Bodom, or Metalcore of any kind, then I'd look at the 62** series, otherwise, don't bother.

I agree, the 333XL would be a better fit.
The 6262 is voiced completely different.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
I agree, the 333XL would be a better fit.
The 6262 is voiced completely different.

+1
Quote by SOADriff
They sound pretty wicked, but you should make sure everything is soldered correctly etc because, they are extremely unreliable.

Quote by MatrixClaw
They're extremely unreliable... But they sound great.

If you can get a tech to go through it and fix everything, or do it yourself, it should be pretty solid.

However, for the price... you could just buy the Peavey it clones used and not have to go through the hassle

If you two were up to date you would realize that those statements are completely wrong.

Anything made in 09 is completely solid now, all the past QA issues have now been fixed and they are built great now. Not only are they cheap, they have great construction now.

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNfRgDJiMS0&feature=player_embedded

For the music you play OP, I'd say the 6262 is the best amp for you. Based on the 6505+, it has that brutal, versatile metal tone and good cleans to boot. I owned a 333XL for a while and it was an amazing amp, the 6262 is probably a better choice for metal.
Quote by )(yperX
If you two were up to date you would realize that those statements are completely wrong.

Anything made in 09 is completely solid now, all the past QA issues have now been fixed and they are built great now. Not only are they cheap, they have great construction now.

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNfRgDJiMS0&feature=player_embedded

For the music you play OP, I'd say the 6262 is the best amp for you. Based on the 6505+, it has that brutal, versatile metal tone and good cleans to boot. I owned a 333XL for a while and it was an amazing amp, the 6262 is probably a better choice for metal.

Did you even bother to read his post? The music he's wanting to play doesn't have that "Brutal, Versatile Metal Tone" that you're describing with the 6262.

Both of these amps are awesome but the 6262 is WAY more gain then the 333XL. And for the music he's wanting to play, the 333XL would be a better fit.
The 333XL is much tighter (like a mesa) whereas the 6262 is looser but has an extreme deep low end.

333XL is a better amp for metal.
6262 is a better amp for extreme/death metal.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Did you even bother to read his post? The music he's wanting to play doesn't have that "Brutal, Versatile Metal Tone" that you're describing with the 6262.

Both of these amps are awesome but the 6262 is WAY more gain then the 333XL. And for the music he's wanting to play, the 333XL would be a better fit.
The 333XL is much tighter (like a mesa) whereas the 6262 is looser but has an extreme deep low end.

333XL is a jack of all trades, but a master of smooth leads and prog-rock.
6262 is a jack of all trades, but a master of aggressive metal

fixed.
Quote by theraven871

333XL is a better amp for metal.
6262 is a better amp for extreme/death metal.

I've played or owned both.

6262 is better for metal, throw in a 5751 tube in V1 and it has even more usable gain.

Kurt got it right ^^^ The 333XL is a softer, smoother amp suited more for rock IMO. It can do metal, but the 6262 does it better.
Quote by )(yperX
I've played or owned both.

6262 is better for metal, throw in a 5751 tube in V1 and it has even more usable gain.

Kurt got it right ^^^ The 333XL is a softer, smoother amp suited more for rock IMO. It can do metal, but the 6262 does it better.

TS doesn't play the modern metal that the 62** series is better suited for though.
I vote 333 aswell.

and for those of you who put "extremely unreliable" how many have you owned? i've got a 6262 212 and haven't had a problem yet.

everyone knows it was the bad trans clip that caused the first run problems. If it goes out, it's prolly your tubes, something that all tube amps need replaced every so often.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I say 333xl or 333 if you wanna save alil more dough.

I went to buy a 6262 but fell in love with the 333 series. Sounds better and does the brutalz as fine as the 6262 just less fizzy and more versatile.

i want both amps to be honest but for a smoother more defined sound get the 333 or 333xl.

My amps fairly young but overall it's quiet (no loud hiss or pops), sounds great and looks very solid.

only thing that sucks is the knobs but you don't play those and they don't effect yer sound.

That said you really can't go wrong. I would by a new bugera over a used peavey any day of the week unless i knew where that peavey was coming from.

I am so happy with my tone and it only cost me 549.99..... Holla.

also get a head and a 2x12 cab. I hear the speakers in the combo's kinda suck.

Look on craigslist locally for a nice 2x12 for 200-300 bucks.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Hmm, now I'm debating between the 6262 and the 33xl, I guess haha. And I was hoping to get it in the the next week. Oh well, I hope my local store has both so I can try them out. I know it has the 333 and 33xl. Guess I'll take a trip there again this weekend.