Genre: Hard Rock / Metal / Punk
Budget: < $1500 (head only)

So the reason why I'm in this dilemma is that my 6505 does heavy gain really well, but my cleans are so bad I have to bring another amp, which is getting really tiresome to load and unload @ gigs.

I'm looking for an amp within this budget that still has some heavy, hi-gain sounds but can do cleans at least passably well. Any suggestions on what to start checking out?
My band - DEADIRON
Playstyle - Rock / Metal / Hardcore / Punk
Main Gear
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Memory Man Deluxe
ISP Decimator

Mesa Single Rectifier Rect-o-Verb
Dual Rec with an EQ in front? The price on them used is great right now. Last one I saw was $800. An EQ would be $100 tops. The cleans are great and with the EQ you'll be able to get a pretty tight metal tone. You might want to turn the EQ off for Punk if you like a looser low end for that. Just take the time to read the manual.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I prefer the Single Rectifier... slightly better cleans imo... but meh

Otherwise have you considered the 6505+?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
used Mesa Mark IV maby

wish I had that kind of money to blow on a new amp...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Just found a Boogie Rect-o-Verb 50 for $750 on CL. Thoughts? I like on board reverb a lot, esp with cleans.
My band - DEADIRON
Main Gear
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Memory Man Deluxe
ISP Decimator

Quote by DoctorM
Just found a Boogie Rect-o-Verb 50 for $750 on CL. Thoughts? I like on board reverb a lot, esp with cleans.

Get that!

I was really suprised with the cleans i heard on it, nice and bright. And well obviously you'll be able to get the tones you need out of a Recto.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Going to demo and buy the Rectoverb if it sounds good to me. To be honest the straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that my effects loop jacks are really janky on my 6505 and the amp is generally the most feckin buggy thing I've ever played (hiss,snap, crackle and pop, randomly every couple of months). When it cut out in the middle of a set I knew I needed to get something else.
My band - DEADIRON
Main Gear
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Memory Man Deluxe
ISP Decimator

A-HA! a perfect scenario for me to recommend a Diamond Nitrox! Tight, aggrssive dirt channel, more gain on tap than a 5150, and cleans that'll make you think you're playing a twin... also cheaper than a dual rec by atleast a couple hundred bucks.