I love Tele's, as in the shape, thye're awesomey hot. But I'm not really into country/stuff like thatand I don't know if it will be able to play what I want (standard MiM tele), Like SRV, Albert King blues etc. Jazz, funk like james brown, rock like RHCP, RATM, and Metallica, and some high gain stuff.

Also, I really want one thats got like a simple wood body, not spalted, but like a nice lacquered/shined wood finish, no colour. In the price range of a MiM, (£200-£500), ao are there any like that, if so, link? (I live in the UK, so I would have gone agile, but its gonna cost the shit to import it.)
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-FR1620
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75425

It's pretty much the best quality Tele-type guitar in Europe. It's also suitable for high gain tones with the humbuckers which can be split for humbucker tones. They do make an FR2620 with a clear coat but it's a lot more expensive. They're the same build quality and have the exact same parts though.
Teles are incredibly versatile, I can't see you having a problem. Plus John Frusciante plays a Telecaster every so often, so it's certainly right enough for Chilis stuff.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by Lollage123
I love Tele's, as in the shape, thye're awesomey hot. But I'm not really into country/stuff like thatand I don't know if it will be able to play what I want (standard MiM tele), Like SRV, Albert King blues etc. Jazz, funk like james brown, rock like RHCP, RATM, and Metallica, and some high gain stuff.

Also, I really want one thats got like a simple wood body, not spalted, but like a nice lacquered/shined wood finish, no colour. In the price range of a MiM, (£200-£500), ao are there any like that, if so, link? (I live in the UK, so I would have gone agile, but its gonna cost the shit to import it.)

The only reason why a Tele is used in country a lot is because it has a lot more 'twang' than a strat or any other instrument.

John uses a Tele from time to time, Morello uses a Tele. Pickup changes will benefit you a lot. Even though it wasn't listed as the people you want to play, Hendrix recorded a few songs on Noel's tele.

And of course Page and the like also recorded with a Tele.
ya i didn't really like tele's, i thought of them as more of a country guitar, but i played one and they are great!
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Everyone from Sonic Youth to Led Zeppelin uses the Telecaster. It's both simple and versatile. You can change P-ups for high gain, but honestly I think a pedal would do it. I play mine through a big muff and it sounds monstrous.
My old SX Tele sounded decent with distortion and after I repainted it and replaced the hardware I put in some GFS Lil' Punchers. Great cheap Tele pickups. You keep just the right amount of Tele sound for non-Country players and they're articulate and take gain well. You can hear my shitty playing when I tested them on my profile. I say get a MIM and spend money on some pickups.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls