Hey guys, I took the time today to go to my local guitar shop and played a bit on the famed blackstar ht-5 (half-stack) and i've gotta say it was pretty kick ass but i do have one question before i go get money out. Unfortunately there was a lot of people there today and I didnt get the chance to crank it up (for fear that id be eaten alive by the annoyed parents who were waiting for their kids to get done with lessons). Anyway is this amp like jam-able? like 15'X16' concrete room with a drummer, 300w bass amp complete with bassist. Just afraid id get drowned out, basically by the drums...its been done...pisses me off haha
Weapons I'm going to use in the zombie apocalypse:
1) Crossbow
2) Shuriken
3) A plexi-glass B.C. Rich Dagger
4) A bag of Jack Links Jerky
I don't think the HT-5 is loud enough. It's loud enough to be heard over a drummer, but I don't think there's enough headroom to sound great or to have control over the outcome.
They say a YouTube video is worth a thousand words.

Keep in mind also that the HT-5 is completely topped out in that video. In other words, you won't have a usable clean tone.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
They say a YouTube video is worth a thousand words.

Keep in mind also that the HT-5 is completely topped out in that video. In other words, you won't have a usable clean tone.

As UG's ad-interm accountant, I declare TS owes ch0 exactly 1,000 words.
Quote by GrisKy
As UG's ad-interm accountant, I declare TS owes ch0 exactly 1,000 words.
Boosh! (and or Ka-Kow!)

Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
omg its arizona all over again
Weapons I'm going to use in the zombie apocalypse:
1) Crossbow
2) Shuriken
3) A plexi-glass B.C. Rich Dagger
4) A bag of Jack Links Jerky
Quote by SmoothTrooper
omg its arizona all over again

Best thread ever.

/life
Quote by Marty Friedman
No, it's not jamable, it's just not loud enough so even maxed out you will only have a handful of useable tones since the power tube will be completely overdriven.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I'd say it's jamable, if your drummer isn't completely retarded. If he hits like there won't be any drums tomorrow, then no, it probably won't be.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Oh yes, right, the topic at hand. As a more definitive answer, as someone who owns an HT-5, I'll have to say no. If you need something to take jamming/gigging you should get something more powerful.
Quote by Marty Friedman