Hey guys,

Was hanging out with my buddy tonight and he was showing me Guitar Rig 3 on his macbook. He has a really expensive audio interface but it sounds really nice. I'd like to tool around with Guitar Rig on my PC. Anyone have any recommendations on a cheap audio interface? I was looking at these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Guitar-Link-UCG102-241228-i1175566.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-GuitarLink-USB-Audio-Interface-Cable-703593-i1434723.gc

but I'm concerned about latency with these? Anyone use either of those?
If you have no intention of using PODfarm, I would recommend something like a presonus firebox or M-audio fasttrack.

If you really want to lowball it, the UX1.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
If you have no intention of using PODfarm, I would recommend something like a presonus firebox or M-audio fasttrack.

If you really want to lowball it, the UX1.

Lowball? The UX1 is more expensive than the things in OP.
Quote by kaneorsomething
Lowball? The UX1 is more expensive than the things in OP.

Yes, and the OP wants to go even cheaper. You get what you pay for, and the UX1 is lowballing very much if you want remotely decent results.
WTLTL 2011
I don't know that I'd agree with that. I certainly wouldn't say the M-Audio Fasttrack was a significant upgrade to that.
TS, do you want cheap or good? when it comes to interfaces you rarely get both. btw, the products you listed fall into the earlier category, and a lot of things come into play with latency... what sample rate and bit depth do you plan on using? and why on earth would you buy guitar rig when you can get better results with free, FREE plugins? check the recording forum. Ask for Ryan.

presonus and motu make some of the better interfaces without breaking the bank, and line6 interfaces come with podfarm (also better than guitar rig imo) free... something to consider.
Quote by GrisKy
TS, do you want cheap or good? when it comes to interfaces you rarely get both. btw, the products you listed fall into the earlier category, and a lot of things come into play with latency... what sample rate and bit depth do you plan on using? and why on earth would you buy guitar rig when you can get better results with free, FREE plugins? check the recording forum. Ask for Ryan.

presonus and motu make some of the better interfaces without breaking the bank, and line6 interfaces come with podfarm (also better than guitar rig imo) free... something to consider.

Agreed.

If ryan (catharsisstudio) is busy, you could also ask gareth (dreampin) or send a pm to grisky here, or to me. I have a feeling you're not sure why sample rate and bit depth are important...which would be good to know when shopping for interfaces.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Nov 20, 2009,
i had the m-audio fast track but it gave me lots of issues so i sold it for half the price.

few days ago i went for another usb interface, the tascam us-144 MK2 and i've been playing a lot. In fact, i forgot to give it a proper review coz i didn't mind it at all. No driver issues. No latency. 150e