Hey guys, I guess this is more a suggestion thread than anything. Just want to get your opinions.

So I'll be going to Sam Ash tonight to hopefully buy my second electric. (oh noes don't go to sam ash it's a chain go to your local store or craigslist) No. I'm buying at sam ash mainly because my local store has no selection and much higher prices.

Anyway I've narrowed my choice down to about three and was looking for some opinions I play mostly modern rock and some metal. My three choices are as follows (I know they're three very different guitars but I like them all)

PRS SE Custom 24 or 22
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG (one with a fixed bridge)

I'm heavily leaning toward the PRS but I'm still open to new suggestions. Waddaya think?
I hate my sig
The PRS will be the best of those three, the Ibanez would be nice as well, but doesn't compare to the PRS.
Budget: I'd like to keep it under 500$. Less if possible.

That ESP looks real nice but it's really pushing it for price. I bought the amp in my sig not too long ago so I feel bad about always getting new expensive gear

Edit: What i want in a guitar? Well basically I something versatile. Something that can go from Death Cab to BTBAM like that *snaps finger*. But seriously, versatility is important but a good metal/hard rock sound is most important to me
I hate my sig
Last edited by QuantumMechanix at Nov 20, 2009,
I'd be tempted to try anything else they have in your budget as well - just in case there's your perfect guitar there that you haven't thought of.

Other than that - they are all going to be decent guitars, and they're different enough that you're more than likely going to find you like one of them a lot more than the other two when you get to try them all out together.

Have fun choosing
Quote by zhilla
I'd be tempted to try anything else they have in your budget as well - just in case there's your perfect guitar there that you haven't thought of.

Other than that - they are all going to be decent guitars, and they're different enough that you're more than likely going to find you like one of them a lot more than the other two when you get to try them all out together.

Have fun choosing

Thanks I always do
I hate my sig
Oh hey, one more thing. You know tha catologue Sam Ash sends you with the "coupons" in them? Do you have to bring it in or can you just mention it?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Oh hey, one more thing. You know tha catologue Sam Ash sends you with the "coupons" in them? Do you have to bring it in or can you just mention it?

bring them with you I guess.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||