i am thinking of making my own effects pedal board and i trying to decide which distortion.pedal to buy so which one of these would be good for crushing fast distortion in low tunings. the digitech metal master or boss metal zone(if anyone can recommend one besides these feel free to)
neither. stock, those are two of the worst distortion pedals ever.

Keeley Twilight Zone... my $0.02

EDIT: thought I could make the change before you caught it... wanted to get in here quick for a change.
Last edited by GrisKy at Nov 20, 2009,
What other pedal do you have in there?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Not the Metal Master - I own it, I kind of whish I bought something better. A Metal Muff might be more up your street.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
I have the Metal Master and it's pretty badass, make sure you get an adapter though cuz it eats through batteries in like 4 hours. You can expect less out of the Boss pedal.
even though it isn't highly recommended by most, i would suggest trying out the Boss DS-1...you can get a pretty good sound out of one and they are very cheap...like $50.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
What about the MI Audio Crunch?
could it produce a metal sound?
and sorry to hijack abit.
Line 6 Uber Metal. The "pulverize" tone is taken from the vetta II amp and it just crushes! also has the "metal" tone (weak in comparison) and "insane" (not a big fan).
Also has a built in noise gate. Best distortion pedal I've tried, and I've tried many.
Quote by Bashkar
What about the MI Audio Crunch?
could it produce a metal sound?
and sorry to hijack abit.

Crunch Box is more of an 80's marshally ballsy sort of pedal, so it is depending on what you call "metal". modern metal? no, the CB cant really get that sort of tone.
after watching some videos i have narrowed it down to the metal muff or line 6 uber metal
I had a Metal Muff and I played an Uber metal.

Personally, the Digitech HardWire TL-2 sounds better than both and it's only >$99.

If you want to go a little higher the Blackstar HT-DISTX is probably my favorite.
Boss Metal CORE is actually pretty good. It doesn't have the greatest versatility, but if you're playing downtuned stuff, it does the job quite well.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by brender
after watching some videos i have narrowed it down to the metal muff or line 6 uber metal

quick question, are you twelve? because you're considering the uber metal for your main dirt tone.

go back and re-read my post (#2).
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion. The better of Digitech's two analog ranges, true bypass, built more solidly than any other stomp box on the market, two voicings, more expansive EQ controls than most pedals and the metal distortion version has more gain than you will ever possibly need. I actually normally would only suggest their standard Valve Distortion model, but since you're obviously someone who's going to be easily impressed by "holy shit that is so ****ing METAL!", the TL-2 should tickle your fancy.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Barber Dirty Bomb

This or:

Wampler Triple Wreck

or

Digitech Hardwire TL-2
Quote by GrisKy
quick question, are you twelve? because you're considering the uber metal for your main dirt tone.

go back and re-read my post (#2).

Yeah, he must be twelve if he's getting the uber metal. What a fool he must be not to take your advice. He must not understand how much of an absolute genius you are.
Perhaps you can explain why this pedal is inferior. If it sounds good to you, go with it. Simple as that.
Quote by Daemoniak
Yeah, he must be twelve if he's getting the uber metal. What a fool he must be not to take your advice. He must not understand how much of an absolute genius you are.

exactly.

and I'd go into how it kills your extreme lows and highs, but I have a feeling it'd go over your head.

Instead, I'll bing up the fact that 99% of the people using this pedal destroy their mids with one of the most horrble scoops achievable in a pedal... great for your bedroom, shit in a mix.

I'll admit, it's got its places... once in a while you'll see one get some love in a studio where a track needs some nasty at a certain point, but you're not gonna' find even one SOB who knows wtf they're talking about who'd take an uber-metal over a twilight zone. not one swingin' richard. period.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Barber Dirty Bomb

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000

I can't wait for mine to arrive!!!!!!
Has to ship from the US to India, so will take some time
Quote by GrisKy
exactly.

and I'd go into how it kills your extreme lows and highs, but I have a feeling it'd go over your head.

Instead, I'll bing up the fact that 99% of the people using this pedal destroy their mids with one of the most horrble scoops achievable in a pedal... great for your bedroom, shit in a mix.

I'll admit, it's got its places... once in a while you'll see one get some love in a studio where a track needs some nasty at a certain point, but you're not gonna' find even one SOB who knows wtf they're talking about who'd take an uber-metal over a twilight zone. not one swingin' richard. period.

Yeah it must be going over my head. I actually have a high tech gadget on my amp called an eq. And I'm really not one of these guys that scoops out all the mids. Anyway, I was talking specifically about the "pulverize" tone. Personally I think "insane" is pretty muddy and sounds like shit. My question is why spend 150 bucks on a modded version of a pedal that isn't really all that great to begin with? To each his own I suppose.
Quote by Daemoniak
Yeah it must be going over my head. I actually have a high tech gadget on my amp called an eq. And I'm really not one of these guys that scoops out all the mids. Anyway, I was talking specifically about the "pulverize" tone. Personally I think "insane" is pretty muddy and sounds like shit. My question is why spend 150 bucks on a modded version of a pedal that isn't really all that great to begin with? To each his own I suppose.

the point is that while the stock pedal might be shit, the keeley modded version is incredible, easily worth the extra dough.

and wherever you kill your extreme high/low freqs, that's where they're dead and burried... no EQing them back in. It's too late once you've lost the raws.
Any love for the Boss OS-2? I have one an it produces a nice hardcore sound on my Studio 10EQx, which is terrible. The thing I recommend is buying an AC adapter for this, they suck up batteries fast, even when you unplug when not in use.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Barber Dirty Bomb

I agree. It's the most amp-like distortion pedal I've played.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments