Hey all
Its about my amp and humming/buzzing.
I have done the following tests and my amp still buzzes :
1) Jiggled all the wires around to check if its to do with them. But no.
2) It DOESN'T hum at all when being used with my multi effects pedal , but when the multi effects pedal is in bypass mode and i use my ProCo Rat distortion pedal , the buzz is very audible.
3) On some pickup settings it buzzes alot , and others its a VERY quiet buzzes.

So yeah , just wondering what could be the problem!
Do i need a new amp? ?

My amp is a Marshall 15 watt dfx practice amp.

Thanks!
Cheers i just tried that but nothing
The weird thing it , when i turn the guitar away the buzzing stops a little and selecting different pick-ups changes the 'buzz level'. Ahhhh
Thanks again!
It's a cheap amp, don't expect much.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Zoofie
Cheers i just tried that but nothing
The weird thing it , when i turn the guitar away the buzzing stops a little and selecting different pick-ups changes the 'buzz level'. Ahhhh
Thanks again!

Thats your guitar, its needs to be shielded to stop the interference causing this unwanted noise.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Ah damn
I use an Ibanex SA260 and it has single coils.......is this why?

EDIT

I did another test , i plugged in my explorer with hi gain (which uses 2 humbuckers) and there was NO noise at all
Thing is , my new Ibanez SA260 (http://www.totperlamusica.com/file/totperlamusica/Z_ecommerce_Ibanez%20SA260%20TLB.jpg) makes the noise. Its the fact that its new it baffles me

Please help me out on the steps i could take to reduce this buzz.!
Thanks alot!
Last edited by Zoofie at Nov 20, 2009,
makes sense that the pickup selection changes the nature of the sound... let me guess, when you select the bridge pickup the buzz is faint or nonexistant, and at the neck it's more pronounced...

This is because your guitar has a H-S-S configuration of the pickups. humbuckers are inherently quieter, and single coils generally produce more hum.

If you touch the strings does the humming stop ? I used to have a cheap squier with very noisy single coils, but as soon as i touched the strings it was silent. I'm not terribly well versed on single coil pickups, but I know you can surely get some that are better than the stock setup.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Yeah thats right mate. When i play its fine , but when im not touching the strings (not playing) it buzzes like mad.
So sorry , is there anyway i can stop this......its really annoying me seeing as its a brand spanking new guitar :'(?
Ty!!
you could try a noise gate... otherwise, the only thing that I can think of would be to upgrade the pickups. I know that sucks to have to dump money into a brand new guitar.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Ahhh ok
Thanks for your help mate!
So taking it to a guitar shop to get it grounded/shielded would be a waste of time?
Thanks!
Single coils tend to make noise. That's probably the issue.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.