Page 1 of 6
1. Pete Townshend's soloing ability
2. Neil Young
3. Mike Campbell
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Agreed on Jerry Cantrell. Kim Thayil of Soundgarden is largely unnoticed too, despite being brilliant... Stephen Carpenter from the Deftones too.
1. Buck Dharma, hell yes
2. George Harrison, for people not realizing his extensive knowledge about guitar theory and technique; he knew every chord, scale, and mode on the fretboard
3. Robby Krieger, because I love his phrasing on every note. I've tried to imitate it but failed I enjoy his playing.
Josh Middleton don't know if it's so much as underrated but more undiscovered or something....

Don't know much others
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by WhiskeyFace
1. Rory Gallagher
2. Albert Lee
3. John Squire

3 amazing guitarists who too many people have never heard of

I ****in love Lee and Gallagher. Have you read the article about Rory in Guitar World mag? You should, it's beautiful
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I have not. However, I shall do so.

P.S: Check out Squire

I will
The Rory article was in a recent issue, possibly October or November, I can't remember.
1. kirk hammett
2.Phil Collen

the reason i say kirk its cos people go on about how bad he is for using a wah so much and just using one scale (which isnt true) when if you just listen to his solos they all sound different and dam good. If you think they all sound the same you have a bad ear because i can telll a metallica song from its solo
Oh, and Derek Trucks. He is a mother****ing magician on the six-string.
Listen to Mahjoun on Songlines.
Quote by Tedis1111
1. kirk hammett
2.Phil Collen

the reason i say kirk its cos people go on about how bad he is for using a wah so much and just using one scale (which isnt true) when if you just listen to his solos they all sound different and dam good. If you think they all sound the same you have a bad ear because i can telll a metallica song from its solo

I hear he's more of a blue's guitarist than a metal one
I think he's an o.k guitarist (imo?)
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
3. Nick Valensi
2. Kim Thayil
1. John Squire

Reasons are more than enough.

EDIT:
Quote by amicone18
Dean Deleo as well

Also this.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Jake Cinninger. If you haven't heard of this guy, look him up now.

A lot of folk musicians, like Devendra Banhart, Sufjan Stevens. They claim they aren't very good, but then you hear something really awesome they do.

Jimi Hendrix. This pick may seem a little strange to some of you, but keep reading. I've heard countless people say how horrible and sloppy he was, when they've probably only actually listened to about 5 different songs of his. He knew the fretboard so well it was incredible. Take a listen to the albums Electric Ladyland and Axis, and you'll know what I mean.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
What the...no mention of Devin Townsend or Mikael Akerfeldt? Shame on you guys.
Quote by Jartny
What the...no mention of Devin Townsend or Mikael Akerfeldt? Shame on you guys.

Oh come on. Everyone knows those guys are good. I don't really even listen to them and I know they are amazing guitarists and they have my full admiration.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Nick Jonas hands down.

I don't know about you guys but that kid deserves more credit then he gets. Not many kids that age have the skill he does.

Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I'm going to say John Mayer. Everybody thinks he only plays pop crap. Wich is ppartly true, but he is also an amazing blues guitarist.

And Duane Allman. Nobody seems to know him nowadays.
Buddy Holly is a massively underrated guitarist. If you listen to some of his stuff that isn't as well known, some of the guitar parts are fantastic.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by The_Casinator
I'm going to say John Mayer. Everybody thinks he only plays pop crap. Wich is ppartly true, but he is also an amazing blues guitarist.

I'd agree with Mayer. And as always i'm gonna mention Richie Sambora. Possibly Gary Moore aswell, he doesn't seem to get that much credit (as far as I can see) despite having an amazing amount of talent. He just knows how to make melodies sound better than they should.
Paul Masvidal
Rob Arnold
For the amount of music he's put out, the amount of work he's put into it, and the sheer versatility of his styles, Devin Townsend.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by padgea7x
I hear he's more of a blue's guitarist than a metal one
I think he's an o.k guitarist (imo?)

who told he was blues?

and sorry i came off pretty agressive there some people dont like its just the idoits who have no idea what they are saying
1. Tim Millar (Protest The Hero)
2. Vlad Gheorghiu ( Jet Lag Gemini)
3. I can't think of anymore
Quote by Sguit
there is two main steps:

1. use google
2. repeat the first step
I know a couple of guitarists in Eastern European bands who are great, but their names will mean nothing.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Guthrie Govan
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.