I am just currious to see how much you would pay for an Ibanez Jem7V knowing it was a replica. i am looking at buying one, and from my point of view, other than the pickups, which are supposed to be replicas as well, Doesn't Ibanez have alot of their stuff made for them by other manufactures, therefore they basically sell replicas too. Except ibanez buys them and then resells them.

I don't know maybe I am just trying to get more for less. I am told it plays great and sounds great. It looks incredilbe. Only noticed 2 things, the pick guard has 4 screws at the bottom instead of 5 and the Floyd is a standard not the low pro one. Other than that it is spot on. Even has the last frets scalloped.

By the way it is selling for $1200.00? Too much? I can't afford the Musician Friend price $2600.00.
That's too much. You could get a genuine one second hand for about that price.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Define 'replica'.
Does it say Ibanez on the headstock? But they call it a 'replica'? That's just a way for them to get around it being a shitty fake. I'd stay away.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.

A knock-off for $1200 and you're trying to rationalize it? Seriously?

If we're talking a luthier built Jem replica with high-end parts then yeah, it possibly could be worth the $1200.

Since we're probably talking about a Chinese sweatshop knock-off then, obviously, no.

As for Ibanez selling replicas because "they have other manufacturers make their stuff," just no. No guitar maker out there manufactures all the parts that go onto their guitars in-house. There are always parts purchased elsewhere. Ibanez can't sell you a replica Ibanez - see how that just doesn't make sense?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Yeah it does say Ibanez on it. Even has the little signature thing to the right side of the logo.
Valid points, maybe I'll save up. I guess if i could talk him down to may 400 or 500 bucks that might be more reasonable.

I am thinking if it was a real luthier making it. It should be probably around the $2500 mark. Especially if he doesn't have all the cnc stuff Ibanez does.
You should never pay more than $300.00 for a knockoff and that's only if it's made well and sounds good.

John
All of the Jem knockoff's I have ever seen have NOT had the actuall Jem tremolo installed. IMO the reason you are paying more for the Jem is the neck, the EVO's and the tremolo. And even if the trem looks like the Edge Pro if it's made out of softer alloys (as well as the posts) then it will drift more than a real Jem tremelo. And that fact alone is why people pay the premium for the Jem.
Main Rig:Yami Pac1412 TransRed (EVO, HS2, Hot Rails) ->Bad Horsie->GNX3K ->MagicStomp->L/R PA
Ampeg VL503, Ampeg V4, Digitech GNX2, Art SGX2K; AXES: Yam Pac1412 RedBurst & Weddington Custom & CPX-15W, '63 Gibson SG Custom & '80 ES-350T
Quote by ch0

A knock-off for $1200 and you're trying to rationalize it? Seriously?

If we're talking a luthier built Jem replica with high-end parts then yeah, it possibly could be worth the $1200.

Since we're probably talking about a Chinese sweatshop knock-off then, obviously, no.

word
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?