I have an FR on my guitar and I rarely replace my strings because its really a b****. Anyways my fretboard is gettin pretty nasty and I'm wondering if theres anyway to clean it without removing the strings.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
umm I guess loosen them up so much that you can push the strings out of the way, I've dove this on LPs to change the bridge. Once you move the strings out of the way, hit the fretboard with some lemon oil, let it soak and scrub away.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Removing the strings and tuning a FR isnt a pain in the ass, like most people think, you just have to master it
And i think the only way to cleanthe freboard with the strings on is to wipe it with a cry piece of cloth
You can completley dump the bar then clean with the strings pulled up. But you can take all the strings off, you'll just need to block he bridge first.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Baraga
Removing the strings and tuning a FR isnt a pain in the ass, like most people think, you just have to master it
And i think the only way to cleanthe freboard with the strings on is to wipe it with a cry piece of cloth

But if you didn't master it, it's a huge pain in the ass!
I hardly ever change strings, so I haven't mastered it yet.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Q-tips and a cloth folded in such a way that it slides under the strings but you can still move it around and wipe it down. dont' use anything too harsh on the wood or it'll dry out
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.