Hi there!
I've heard some rumors that some of the singing students at my school can sing with a harmonic voice, like two different notes at one time.
Does anyone know something about this, or how to learn to sing this way?

One day you`re gonna wake up and you`ll be 30 years old and you won`t have done a damn thing with your life.
It's not really like actual singing, if that's what you're on about. From what I know (I'm no expert, so take this with a pinch of salt) it's just like, single sounds (Ooo, Ahh, Ee, and so on), and you can't really control what overtones you get and such. I think there are a couple of lessons on youtube about so-called ''Harmonic Throat Singing''.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRog7y4wD1o

I think the first minute and a half of the video might be what they're talking about. You can't distinctly hear different pitches, but you can hear a blend of a couple. Like the technique or not, they proved you can do it.
Quote by Oh_God_Its_Back
My girlfriend does that to me!
Feels pretty good!

^In a thread about strap-ons.
its done by shaping your throat and the inside of your mouth, practice and you'll get it. It's very difficult but I'm just a beginner at it myself. You can get octaves and 5ths relatively easily, and for basses in a choir(like me) an overtone-rich sound is preferred because it supports the harmony more. I can't imagine using it for solo singing.
Tibetan monks do what is called multiphonic singing. Might be something on YouTube on it.

From what little I know of it, it works on the same premise as multiphonics on a brass instrument.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codmxk7uLv8&feature=related

at certain points in the song he harmonises with himself
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.