i just bought an attenuator, im gettin an mxr 10 band eq and ehx big muff pi nyc soon, and i already have a dunlop crybaby wah, digitech bad monkey od, and a danelectro cool cat chorus. i play a squier strat stock s-s-s and soon my homemade strat with gfs s-s-s pickups through a fender roc pro 1000 halfstack.

i know i'll end up playing around with them a lot once theyre all here, especially once i have the attenuator and can really crank my halfstack, but hypothetically if YOU had MY gear, what order would u put these pedals in? specify if its in the effects loop or in front and maybe explain a little as to y u put them in that order
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why did you buy an attenuator?

Your amp is a solid state amp.

EDIT: For the record...Guitar > Wah > Chorus > Bad Monkey > amp.

its a hybrid, and u didnt list all the pedals
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
my current setup is:

wah, tuner, comp, fuzz, octave, noise gate (gated the previous), trem, chorus, delay, volume...

I'm thinking of swapping the fuzz and octave... I think my order is decent... but really you should sit down and think about which effects you want effecting on which effects... in other words, do you want to distort your wah or wah your distortion...

play around and find your zen.

for you i'd do: EQ, wah, od, muff, chorus
Last edited by theGlitch at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by wicket_nirvana
its a hybrid, and u didnt list all the pedals

an attenuator is meant to lower the wattage of the power amp section to get tube saturation at lower volumes. hybrid amps like yours has a SS power amp section. therefore the attenuator does nothing.

ergo, HUGE waste of money
No, it's a solid state amp with a single preamp tube. Doesn't make it a real hybrid, doesn't make it a tube amp.

There's no need to use an attenuator on an amp that doesn't have a power tube section that needs to be worked harder.
And my bad, they slipped my mind:
Guitar > Wah > EQ> Chorus > Bad Monkey > BMP > amp.
Quote by forsaknazrael

i disagree. put the EQ at the end so you can shape the exact tone of the gain pedals. and the chorus should go after gain so when combined the chorus smooths out the driven tone.
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, it's a solid state amp with a single preamp tube. Doesn't make it a real hybrid, doesn't make it a tube amp.

There's no need to use an attenuator on an amp that doesn't have a power tube section that needs to be worked harder.
And my bad, they slipped my mind:

just did some research and the fender roc pro 1000 has a tube power amp, so the attenuator should work as planned, right? either way it was $15 on ebay so no big loss, i can sell it to someone around town if it doesnt work with my amp

also, none of the replies specify which pedals r in the effects loop and which arent.

edit: after further research ive come to realize that it does in fact have a tube preamp section not power amp. oh well, i can sell it then. anyone know of a way to lower the volume on this thing then?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Last edited by wicket_nirvana at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by wicket_nirvana
just did some research and the fender roc pro 1000 has a tube power amp, so the attenuator should work as planned, right? either way it was $15 on ebay so no big loss, i can sell it to someone around town if it doesnt work with my amp

also, none of the replies specify which pedals r in the effects loop and which arent.

You don't need to put any of those pedals in the effects loop. You can put Chorus if you want.

Also, you got ripped off, twice. That's not even an attenuator. If it says it needs to be in the effects loop, you've essentially bought a master volume. Congratulations.

And, no. it's got a 12AX7. Preamp tube.
Quote by wicket_nirvana

it doesn't have a power tube. where did you read that?

and about the FX loop...it will give you a 'different' sound and its up to you what to put in it. there is no rule for what goes in front and what goes in the loop.
I can't see that being a proper attenuator then... It's probably just a volume pot in an enclosure... In the UK, attenuators usually run at like $350+. That's an estimate with the exchange rate.
Last edited by ze monsta at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
You don't need to put any of those pedals in the effects loop. You can put Chorus if you want.

Also, you got ripped off, twice. That's not even an attenuator. If it says it needs to be in the effects loop, you've essentially bought a master volume. Congratulations.

And, no. it's got a 12AX7. Preamp tube.

im sorry but TS you fail
Quote by JayLacelle
im sorry but TS you fail

incorrect information can be changed, but ur still an asshole, and uv been reported as such
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by wicket_nirvana
incorrect information can be changed, but ur still an asshole, and uv been reported as such

dude lighten up if you recall i've been trying to help you this entire thread. instead of thanks you report me? i guess thats what you get for trying to help someone.

And if you can't laugh at yourself for making a common mistake then you have issues.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I like the EQ in front. Allows you to shape the exact tone of your guitar.

You could stick the chorus after.

I'd do the opposite IMO. I guess if your way works for you then fair play

And to the guy who got reported I wouldn't worry; the TS has had his ego damaged just a little and is throwing his toys out of the pram.
I've exposed your lies, Mr. Citizen Erased. This will give me all the peace and joy in the world. The truth will unwind and scrape away because I don't love you and never did - so please:

...I'm a cool kid.